What to buy for a still novice grower?

I purchased the Northern Lights Fem seeds here and am now looking for my second round pick… I am looking for a dominant Sativa this time , indoor, sweet tasting , mellow bud. I cant afford the 10 pack of anything listed here and am only in the $50.00 range of spending. I tried narrowing down the list and it keeps going to the LSD fem. $79.00 with coupon code is still $74.00 and isnt even close to my budget… I liked the N.L. fem but the grow was a huge learning curve… Will the auto flower be a bit easier or harder ?? And is $59.00 the least expensive ( 54.00 after coupon ) this site carries ??? I really like the ILGM site and members and would rather not go somewhere else to buy … I dont mean to sound like a cheap skate but am retired and have a strict budget… tyia … Yep

2 Likes

Autos are a good choice for a novice grower
You can learn to clone and that will keep costs down but for cloning youll need photo beans so you can keep a mother plant in veg

Heres a guide on cloning

As far as your budget all i can say is anything we offer is of quality genetics

3 Likes

Photo beans ???

No photo beans is just a photo period seed not a auto flower. Just plain ole fem seed is all that he meant

1 Like

Ahhhhhhh … So you cant clone an auto flower , just fems ?? Also , I saw that justgrowin was doing yoga ? light training with hers , can this be done with an autoflower ?

Most definatly you can train her or LST (low stress training). You are also correct to assume you can’t clone auto flowers. Some have but with very limited success as they don’t veg long enough to clone and stI’ll get good yield because a clone is just as old and mature as the plant it comes from

2 Likes

Go into the search function and type in lst aND you will get a wealth of info. Also lots of good info on you tube

1 Like

You can clone an auto flower, but you’re going to need some experience growing. It’s really difficult to get the clone to grow into a decent plant. As far as $50 budget. Forget it. You’ll need about $75 to get even 5 seeds of the higher THC/CBD strains with coupon code @bluethumb

1 Like

Not to steer you elsewhere, but there are some seed banks that will sell single, or 3-packs of seeds. They end up being more expensive per seed, but if you’re on a tight budget, it’s another option.

Otherwise, for ILGM’s proven (here) genetics, @OldSkunk is right. You really get what you pay for.

3 Likes

Look thru seed bank. There are sativas less costly. Also i do a smalll grow for self & use 4 seeds per grow which leaves me one left. Robert always has specials. A month or so ago i purchased 5 gorilla glue half price. If you sign in on seed location & make a wish list when one you got in wish list is on sale it will show. Also no one else guarantees 100% germination. Good luck to you!!

3 Likes