What the Stem is going on?

N

!
Never seen stems grow like this before haha. Should I bury deeper on my next transplant?. These girls are 30 days from seed today. Really confused about the base of the plant and how thick the central region is. First 2 1/2 weeks spent under lights.

2 Likes

A better picture maybe

@T_pyro if you include an object of known size it can help with pictures. If she getting too lanky I will bring the light down a bit till she tightens up.

@ItsPat Theyre all 12 inches and outside as of now. Brought them away from the lights last week. Lights were about 4 inches above the top of the plants and stems already looked like this.

1 Like

As above so below, you need to move to larger pots.

Oh she thicc :eyes:

1 Like

I’ve had that happen. Not sure why but it was my first grow.

Some of them look like they’re stretching for light. How many hours of direct sunlight do they receive daily?

And juicy

1 Like

Well its extremely windy here so like 6 direct and 8 through the filtered skylight under my overhang

1 Like

this is my 4th and I havent changed anything besides growing from seed this time around

Genetics I guess. Plants do weird things.

1 Like

Looks good and healthy to me

1 Like

I’ve grown plants where the stem looks that way its a good sign bro. Those are going to be trees

1 Like

That’s why. This is typical for seedlings to have a thicker stem above the cotyledons for a while. Most of my seedlings have done the same.
But might I suggest, although I don’t know your situation, move your plants somewhere they get at least 8 hrs of direct sunlight. 10 hrs of direct light is preferred, and they probably do good where they are, but this will reduce some of the stretching in the future.

1 Like

@Growyourown I will be transferring into more light soon. These winds are just too strong. Will rip them completely from the pots. Supposed to be low 40s in the middle of this coming week too. Stupid norcal weather.

1 Like