What the crap happened?

So these were put in the germinator (glassware with a damp paper towel square in a drawer) 3 days ago. Day 1 they cracked, micro-mini-itty-bitty tail. The next night i fell asleep. So when i went to put them in jiffies (i wanted to try that way) they were already sprouting! Some lost their helmets and a few have even the 1st set of leaves popping! Monsters! So…will they be ok? I planted them in 4"tetracotta pots with happy frog and some small castings, organic composted manurey shit and perlite. I lightly covered then and misted. I still buried them but leaves up. Is this ok??

4 Likes

Sounds like you did everything right.

2 Likes

But look at them!! They are growing leaves ! Ive never let them get their little helmet off, does that protect the codyledon leaves as they emerge? The tap roots are getting fuzz that looks like root system…(not mold). I just wonder if they will pop thru correct, or root normally. Can i use a red spectrum 19w led garden light on them until my light gets here?

2 Likes

Ive had them look just like that. They’ll find the surface no problem. They look vigorous too. Any light is better than no light. They’ll get leggy if you dont give them enough light.

2 Likes

In 2 days? That is extraordinary! First time I’ve seen this amd would like to think they’ll be fine, but i guess we’ll see.

5 Likes

They’ll be fine. Just keep a light close enough to to stop stretching and a dome on them for at least 7 days. Keep the soil moist but not wet. Happy growing growmie!! Can’t wait to see the out come of these strong lil girls.

2 Likes

Oh!!! YAY!! 3 OF THEM POPPED THRU OVERNIGHT!! And i did bury them, loose and fluffy, but enough. Now, my new light was ordered yesterday, i put them outside on my hot tub, i disinfected the surface and covered the drainhole to attempt to (perform overkill) at keeping any pesties out…and covered with plastic domes. Thatll work, right? Obviously get them under the light asap…i put them right into the pots instead of the jiffies. I used happy frog with mycohorrizse and i added castings and perlite and have kelp meal to mix in when i pot up. Sounded good to myself, anyway…:grin:

(Sorry bout screenshots, everytime i try to post pics they aren’t in my gallery, i have to screenshot it)

3 Likes

So, dummy 101 question… and yes, i know i can figure this out for myself, but i like growmie advice, how far, how much intensity, and how long should i start them? They are photos. Hot Rod, White Rhino, and A90 (Its Afghan Kush on the 90th run, my friend has an amazing breeder and hooks it up.) Im gonna be using an hlg350r in a 4x4 tent…recommendations? I hope they don’t dry out those fragile little tops!!

With them being babies they don’t need a lot of light. Try starting off if dimmable at 100watts and 24in away. If stretching still occurs lower the light a lil bit. It’s a very resilient plant and will surprise you on how much it candle handle.

2 Likes

What light are you getting? Just asking, for a friend

2 Likes

I bit it and got yhe hlg350r. :blush:

5 Likes

For what, 18hrs?

Put them on a 18/6 light schedule then when you want to flip to flower switch it to 12/12 light schedule

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Anytime growmie. Wish I would have found this place 3 years ago. Good luck fam!!!

2 Likes

Me too! Ive been on other forums, and i think this is the friendliest place. It would be cool to have zoom meeting cannabis clubs! Lol

1 Like

Hey so i used foxfarm a few grows…and i bought the dirty dozen. Stuck to the recommendations on amounts and blends, ended up using 1/2 strength, maybe once a week, and i gotta say, it really throws the pH and adjusting isnt easy, it always took serveral adjustments sometimes. So i wanna try a simple system for veg and flower and ammend with maybe one or so booster in flower. I considered Reefertilizer bc its a simple schedule and seems that, by review, runs short on N in veg, but that’s not a deal breaker. Ppl that wrote reviews say they barely have to adjust the pH. Familiar? One for bloom and one for veg. Its my first indoor run. Id like to have simplicity so i can amp up my confidence a little with the sweet, dank, sticky icky smell of success! Whatcha think?

I use organic fertilizer so not a big help with fox farms stuff.Sorry pal. I get a lot of info from YouTubers and here for soil mix. Try Grow Dots it’s a slow release fert.

1 Like