What strains grow well together?

I just received the Beginner Mix Pack ( 5 each of AK-47, Bubble Gum & White Widow. I would like to grow two strains together, such as 3 WW & 3 AK. Would they be compatible as far as veg time, flowering time & height? Or should I just grow one strain at a time? I have a 4x4 tent, a 600 led lamp & will grow in soil. This will be my third and best organized grow. The first was in 1974 and the second was in 2004, so I have a lot of catching up to do. Thanks for any help you can provide.

3 Likes

To be honest, I would run the same strain for your first grow so you can see that even same strains can grow differently. If you want to run different strains, look up on the seedbank and see what the breeder lists for height and flower times. :v:

4 Likes

From the ILGM descriptions:
Flower. Height
AK-47 53-63 36"
Bubble Gum 63 28-32"
White Widow 60 30-48"

Not exactly definitive, but probably the best that can be expected. That’s why I thought the AK & WW might work well together.

3 Likes

@MattyBear gave good advice: if you are new to this it would help you to concentrate on 1 or 2 plants to really get a feel for the challenges. As he said; even two plants from the same strain can behave wildly differently. Personally I would consider growing one of each to see what YOU like about each one and then concentrate on the strain (or strains) you like best for whatever reason.

I had 4 different strains out of 6 plants last time around and really no issues. But they were all hybrids with similar flowering times, give or take.

3 Likes

I grew four different types on my first grow in a 4x4 tent. There was zero space left. They were nothing to brag about but it me a variety to smoke.
I stick to no more than three photo plants at a time and one auto. I don’t think growing different types matter more than making sure they don’t out grow your space.

4 Likes