What size pots for Autoflower?

I may had asked this question before I can’t remember. What size pots to use for Autoflower, I have 5 gallon pots but I also read that said to use 3 gallon pots. What size would be better? I’ll be growing northern light auto. Thanks

1 Like

Good to hear from you ! I use 5-gallon for autos Northern Light being one of my favorite autos. Good luck with your grow.

3 Likes

I’d use the 5 gal as well :point_up:Same as. :wink::v:

2 Likes

I use 5 gallon buckets filled halfway with FFOF soil. But after these 3 plants I’m switching to 15 gallon fabric pots.

2 Likes

I would have to agree with all above. I would use the 5gal that you have :v:

3 Likes

So I’ll be going with the 5 gal then but should I fill it with half soil or all the way?

1 Like

@weedify I would feel it all the way within an inch of the top. And it will probably settle down to a couple inches under the top.

1 Like

I run about 1/2 full. Depends on how you want to grow. You can still grow good sized plants. Personally, I’d fill it up near the top. As these plants can get root bound in not enough soil.

1 Like

As others have said if using a 5-gallon pot fill it with your medium. If you are going to fill halfway save a little $ and get 3-gallon pots and fill them up.

2 Likes