What size pot do you use

I’ve used gallon pots, I’ve used 3 gallon pots, and I’ve used 5 gallon pots. I get an ounce of more off one gallon pots. And yeah you get more the bigger the pot. But I just don’t go for more :roll_eyes: I go for quality :hugs::hugs: so my opinion you can get what you want off any gallon pot!!! Only time I use 5 gallon pots is for the mother plants for cloning.

I use 10-gal pots for my photos.

1 Like

I like to see that plant in that 10 gallon pot :flushed:

2 Likes

I don’t grow 'em that big, I just like having a lot of room for a healthy root system.

3 Likes

I did one photo so far in a 10 gallon. Lights were new i was excited as shit i had good lights cranked the lights likei had fhe blurples well the plant hrew and bulked good just no stretch. Onhad loght too high powered and too low for stretch. Hlg loghts are way diff from a blurple lmao. Still got 15 oz and 3.5 gr of dry and 189 g of bubble hash trim

3 Likes

My next strain is going to be the Skywalker ghost train. Haven’t even germinated the seeds yet. Got to get rid of what I got. I feel you on the room for the roots, my one gallon pots when they’re done every bit of that pot is roots. :flushed::flushed::flushed:

1 Like

Bout to yransplant 2 zkittlez autos to 7 gal fab pots from 1 litre pots. Hoping the roots on them are big and white guys. Like all the photos were. Great white is awesome stuff.

I harvest in three more months. Then I can start my new strains,:sunglasses: still have plenty of surplus

1 Like

I was thinking about doing autos, but I don’t know if you can clone off them??? I like to clone, I like the way things grow. I have a garden out side too. I love playing in the dirt. :sweat_smile:. I like to see the outcomes of everything.

3 Likes

Autis are unfortunately not able to be cloned. If u want to have a bit xtra beside the photos try an auto while growing the photo. I do both at same time. Autos are a bit tricky growing as they r a bit more sensitive than photos but still fun to grow and watch

Something to think about :thinking:

Imo 3 gallon is probably big as you need for indoor grows. Has never made a lot of sense to me to use large pots and extra media for indoor stuff. One could probably find a few exceptions, but there are alternatives to every one of them. Even with outdoor grows, you can grow a huge healthy plant in small pot. Just requires attention often, so maybe big pot would make sense for people who aren’t around much.

1 Like

I used 5 gallon first time but didn’t fill em enough, got 3.5 gallon pots this time, liken em so far seems like I have to water a 3.5 gallon pot once every 2 days instead of once every 3 days like with the 5. I think medium makeup and consistent and proper watering/fertilizing would be the most important part vs pot size. Seen some pretty large harvests come out of Dixie cups on the various forums. I would think pot type would be more important then pot size. (I.E. cloth pots v plastic pots v air pots)

2 Likes

You’re right, Rock and grow good quality in one gallon pot. :v:

2 Likes

You’re right also, bigger medium bigger root system. Depends on how the person wants to grow their garden. I use 5 gallon pots for mother plants for cloning. And I have 3 gallon pots. Airpots, three and five gallon

I’m lucky enough to actually plant in the ground but am just newly trying growing weed this year. Come check out the Kansas grow in outdoor section to follow and maybe help me cause I’m new as shit and only applying tomato and other crops/knowledge I’m gaining/gained from here and everyone. As far as yield and size I think the one plant I’m babying will become bigger providing decent weather…never know with Midwest summers :sunglasses::call_me_hand:t2: Good luck tho

~grizZz