What size mason jar for curing weed?

Really happy with how things are moving along well here with my first grow… This is just 7 weeks and a few days since planting the seeds. What size mason jars should I use once I need to cure all this?

4 Likes

Most use quart jars, some use grove bags to cure in.

5 Likes

I cure in 5 gallon buckets wirks just fine and easier than opening and closing 10, 20 or 50 jars every day

3 Likes

This is size i would recommend if going with jars.

4 Likes

I like my quart and 1/2 gallon jars. The 1/2 gallon jars take up less floor space for an equal amount of weed. Also the 1/2 gallon jars use 1/2 the number of lids. I store on a tile floor on a slab to achieve a cooler stable temperature. I use pint and 1/2 pint jars for current use jars.

4 Likes

I found these 6.5 gal car boy’s and they work fantastic when you have large amounts of product to cure

https://www.northernbrewer “Replace with .” com/products/big-mouth-bubbler-evo-2-6-5-gallon?variant=30263996448812&gclid=CjwKCAjwwL6aBhBlEiwADycBIC1KVD-OvKbbW8Iv3t1Bj9VvxiWeHa5IgDIykspQNNMikPaaUqFYUBoCt4QQAvD_BwE

1 Like

Two very nice plants , quart jars does a great job . I recently started using half gallon jars till I get the product where I don’t need to burp the jars as much. Big difference in taking 30 rings an lids off or taking 15 off Every day.
Happy growing ! :v:

2 Likes

I would use quart jars until you have perfected your dry/cure routine.
While the job would be easier in 5 gal, a newbie could be at a very high risk of contaminating the whole batch. What a good delemia to ponder.

3 Likes

Hey @New2GrowNot2Weed I use 32oz Wide Mouth Ball or Kerr mason jars. You can get 12 for about $15 in my area from Walmart. Wide mouth is the way to go.

Also you’ll need a 12 pack of humidity/temps sensors. They are about $1.70 each or $20 for a pack of 12.

LinkDm 12 Pack Mini Digital Electronic Temperature Humidity Meters Gauge Indoor Thermometer Hygrometer LCD Display Fahrenheit (℉) for Humidors, Greenhouse, Garden, Cellar, Fridge, Closet (Orange)
https://a.co/d/5AKdzlQ

2 Likes

Thanks all! Looks like I’ll be ordering some quart sized mason jars along with some temp monitors

1 Like