What should my water meter show for a good water level?

I use roots organic nutes

1 Like

I use a lot of perlite in my soil mix to help with not overwatering also fabric pots helps even more they make it almost impossible to overwater which is nice when you grow in living soil like I do. I water daily from late veg to harvest, only in the beginning do i skip days

2 Likes

THank you for all the info

1 Like

A gallon is a lot for a single pot, but not outrageous. I water every other day or so, (based on weight of pot) and usually it is about 1/2 gallon. With your soil choice I think it should drain pretty well for you.
Careful with nutes. Root organic is not one I’ve used. I use Jacks with I buy in 25 lbs bags. Powder nutes are way cheaper overall and I mostly do Hydroponics so Jacks is great for that or by the gallon mix for potted plants I have for breeding ect.
I also really like General Hydroponics flora trio, but again premixed nutes are more expensive.
Good luck on your grow. This is a really really bad hobby because I always want to try new stuff!!! Keeps me busy for sure.

2 Likes

Its been interesting so far i normally grow outside. This indoor stuff is a lot tricker

2 Likes

Yup indoor is a handful at times for sure. Once you get things dialed in though it can really get great results.
I love hydro for my small grows (4 large plants at a time). I don’t buy a lot of soil etc and hydro can be much easier once you get into the groove.

1 Like

:laughing: :rofl: I had the same problem moving inside I grew out in the woods for 30 years before finding out that I didn’t know anything about growing I’m 4 years into this adventure now and I’m getting better every grow

2 Likes

Wow a whole gallon for that little girl. You might not need to water for a week or more. Keep an eye on it let it dry out. If you watch it close you should see her stand up when the soil is at the right amount. Then let it go till it starts to droop a little again. At that point your pail should be light. Then give a quart evenly around it in a circle. About half way between the side of bucket and the plant. You will water more often at that point maybe every 3 to 4 days. All i can say is wow a gallon is a lot for a little one like that. In my opinion Do not water till run off at this age.you need the roots to reach and work and build.

1 Like

Thanks i will def try that

Tag me as it goes like this @Saraht
Did you say what nutrients your going to use.

1 Like

Im using roots organic nutes