What should I trim?

Hey I know I ask a ton of questions, first grow is pretty nerve racking. I really appreciate the help I have gotten so far.
If this were your plant, what would you trim? I topped her already, and plan on changing to 12/12 in 2 weeks, so any advice is greatly appreciated (I did trim a few leaves already, but it seems incomplete.

1 Like

Best advice I can give, which came from Hellraiser, anything blocking bud sites :smile:

I trimmed the heck out of mine my first 7 weeks, probably to much. I wouldn’t apologize about asking questions, it’s why this amazing forum is here. I asked and ask so many. I understand the nerves, it will settle down soon!! Again, they look great, nice work!!

2 Likes

And there are no dumb questions, even if you ask how long til I get some buds off my male? And yep had somebody ask. And I agree with Zee less is more only what you have to.

3 Likes

In prep for flowering I would remove large fan leaves blocking bud sites and small sucker branches on the bottom third of the plant.

I’ll be doing major trimming tomorrow on my veg girls and going over the process with before and after pics.

5 Likes

Lmao…

3 Likes

Hey it is what it is Zee, I don’t discriminate I help anyone even if they have no clue what’s going on. And I know you will be there so when Hellraiser does his trim shoot me a tag so I can see it.

3 Likes

My very first outdoor grow in 1978, I grew 6 plants, had no idea there were male and female plants and didn’t matter as I chopped them all down before there were any buds and dried and smoked the leaf, my friends thought I was the man, I had like 10 pounds of leaf, we were so dumb.

5 Likes

Yeah my first outdoor grow in the 90s was some seeds my uncle jokingly handed me when I asked for hit and said gotta grow your own. I cannibalised it till there was just the top. My uncle walked up to see it my top was about as big as my head was at the time. He took me to woods for about a decade after that. @Hellraiser

3 Likes

Thanks for the response!
Lol 10 lbs of leaves! I’m eagerly awaiting the bubble hash thread too!

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply! So you had your uncle mentor you? Very nice! I wanted to try this without help, that lasted only a few days though.

3 Likes

Good info, thanks for the response!

2 Likes

By mentor you mean alcoholic redneck that understood nothing about strains but he did know how long it takes and the difference between male and female then yes. But indoors is a whole new world, I guess I went to high school with my uncle then started college on the forum.

3 Likes

In high school, we found a plant in a dudes tomato garden, we snatched it up, dried it in microwave, it had no buds and smoked it through a toilet paper roll with aluminum foil…dumb stuff!

3 Likes

@Hellraiser can I get an in detail explanation on what removing the bottom two thirds branches does? I have an auto that hasn’t had any of the branches or hardly any leaves taken off and it’s in preflower will my main cola get bigger from taking Bottom beaches off. Thank you