What should I buy for first harvest?

I found this on Amazon. I know they go up to 2 gallons on other sites. This is the one I bought.
https://www.amazon.com/CVault-CV00050-Storage-Container-Stainless/dp/B01BLOWZ56/?tag=greenrel=20

On eBay they sale canisters like this with a built in hygrometer. Look under humidors. A little expensive but pretty cool.

1 Like

I had bought one Fiskers micro-tip pruner ($12.00) at the beginning for light trimming during the grow and it got gummed up a bit after a while. Using just alcohol got off most of the goo, but not allā€¦but they worked better. Then I read that some growers buy the cheap scissors and throw them away when they get really badā€¦so I bought a bag of eight for $22.00 figuring it wouldnā€™t hurt as much chucking them in the garbage.

Wellā€¦I just received this scissor cleaner after seeing your post. I put in some 70% alcohol, did the soak, the up & down thingā€¦now all three of my semi-gummed up scissors are back to brand new condition!!! Knowing I can clean them now, Iā€™m going to stick to the Fiskers because they cut at the tip just like in the middle of the blade. The cheaper ones donā€™t cut stems at the very tip as well as the Fiskers doā€¦especially when trimming the buds.

Thanks for the suggestion!! Itā€™s a freakinā€™ miracleā€¦ :rofl:

2 Likes

This is a great thread, it helped me immenselyā€¦with the CVaults, scissors, the scissor cleaner, and the trim binā€¦I bought them all and everyone of them make the process easier. As for drying, I picked up one of these to use in my 2x2x4ā€™ tent. It was $20.00 on Amazon. I use it when Iā€™m drying two of the same plant at one time.

3 Likes

@MeEasy Jeez Bezos is making bank on those canning jars. 8 pack of 12 jars for $180?

They are $10 per dozen at Menards. Same brand same jar.

Brb setting up an amazon shop and going to menards to fulfill orders at 50% profit marginsā€¦

2 Likes

@Nothingshocking I did a quick search on Amazon because it is the only place we can link. I buy them from my local Albertsons when they have em in stock. We donā€™t have a Maynard anywhere close and shipping would be crazy Iā€™m sure that is why the jars are so much on Amazon. Same thing with buying soil online I pay 16 bucks for happy frog here in town, before they carried it here I had to pay 30-50 for a bag. I donā€™t go out of my way to give Bozo my money but I donā€™t go out of my way to spend more for something not to buy from him either

1 Like

@MeEasy yeah, Iā€™m in the same boat. I still buy from Amazon, but occasionally you realize youā€™re shopping online to save, but they are upcharging the hell out of some items.

If I could find happy frog for $16 I would give it a try, until then Iā€™ll use composted manure for $2.29 per bag. Bezos ainā€™t getting $50 from me for a bag of dirt!!! lol

1 Like

Take a look at grove bags. No more burping jars and no more needing boveda packs. And best. They only cost about 1 to 5 dollars a bag depending on the size you get. So way cheaper than jars. And they store flat and canā€™t break :smile:When they say the 1lb bag hols that. They are right. I need to get some of the 1/4lb bags now. I doubt I will ever use even part the 20 one lb bags I got. I was thinking one gallon. or 1/4lb when I ordered.

2 Likes

This is a great thread, it helped me immenselyā€¦with the CVaults, scissors, the scissor cleaner, and the trim binā€¦I bought them all and everyone of them make the process easier. As for drying, I picked up one of these to use in my 2x2x4ā€™ tent. It was $20.00 on Amazon.

3 Likes

Yes @IP54 I use something very similar to this and I love em perfect for saving space

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZNYVBRP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/WeDryer-XL-Diameter-Dehydrator-Ventilation/dp/B07ZMDR2PL/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=wedryer+xl&qid=1615908625&sprefix=wedryer&sr=8-3

This is what Iā€™m using for drying. It works great.

I used it for my first plant, then second guessed it thinking that hang drying might yield a better result. Anyway my house reeked and I was walking around with clothes that smelled like weed.

So I started using this thing again and Iā€™m never going back. My house doesnā€™t smell anymore :grin:

Get the XL definitely worth the extra $30. I bought mine on their site, not Amazon and got the XL and they threw in the smaller one for free.

3 Likes

I just went through this for my harvest and found the A wanted $60 for two cases of quart widemouth jars. Wally World had zip this time of year (turns out jars are seasonal) and got mine at Safeway for a premium price: $18/case. Iā€™ll be sure to stock up this summer.

3 Likes

I just ordered a bunch of the grove bags. I have friends that have been using them for over a year now. They are super cheap compared to what jars are right now. They store flat and require no boveda packs or burping. They come in a bunch of different sizes too. It may be some thing to look into. Once I get this next order. I will be sending some to @Myfriendis410 to test out :grin:

2 Likes

They sure look interestingā€¦and $300 for 250 quarter pound bags is great, but I wouldnā€™t use that many in 10 years. :rofl:

We need a group buy so we can split them up!

1 Like

Those racks are the bees knees. I got two of them for around $16. They work great. A must have.

1 Like

@IP54 why so many. I just got 10 of the 1/4lb ones. I figure that with the 1lb ones I got. I would be more than covered for 8 plants.

Yeah I purchased 10 quarter pound bags myself. Hopefully they live up to the hype

1 Like

Click on the build your own option and you can buy whatever quantity you want

2 Likes

Great idea! Nice chunks :smiley:

1 Like