What settings should I use with my LEDs

I’m using a 2000 Marshydro led light. That LED is in my tent. I also have a 3000 Marshydro in a small room. Should I be using the dimmer feature?

1 Like

Id start about 75% maybe 18-20 inches away and adjust from there

2 Likes

Welcome to the neighborhood :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

Thank you so much! I’ve used HPS and smaller LEDs. These two lights are new, as I feel my HPS wasn’t doin the job. I know I could have changed the bulb, but I’m excited about the power bill going down :pray:t3::clap:t3: I have two different grow rooms. Trying for one veg and the other flower. Keep up my 8-10 week harvest cycle. I’ve been growing since 2011, however I feel like I’m still learning new things​:green_heart:

5 Likes

That’s a nice switch from HPS to LED. Definitely less heat and 2 great LED lights. You could actually use both individually to flower depending on the grow space and plant count. For seedlings I run around 25% at 24” but more about the DLI around 15-20 then I gradually bump that intensity up through veg peaking around 45DLi to 50-60 in flower and back down to 45 for the last few week before harvest :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Thank you so much!! I appreciate all this info! :blush:. Can I ask about my watering and Jacks too? I’ve gone to Coco for my grow medium and I’m using the Jacks 321. I should water every day with the Jacks, right? And the when in flower I use the Jacks flowering (blue) fertilizer. Thoughts & suggestions? I also have the CO2 in both grow rooms.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE COCO!!! So much less stress and trouble! :tipping_hand_woman:t3:

1 Like

1 Like

Happy cake day @beachglass :beers:

:point_up_2: nailed it. I grow in coco and feed daily to about 20% run off to help expel the un-used salts and minerals from the previous feeding. This helps maintain the same Nutrient PPms as close to going in as coming out, also prevents the Salts from accumulating and preventing nutrient uptake. You m at 900-1000 PPms where you’re at and keep that through to the end. Jacks bloom the 1st 3 weeks and the finish line all the way to harvest :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

@Kcraggs plants look great. Im not much help bc i do not have that light. But as the good advice you were already getting try to maintain the proper ppfd/dli from your light. A good app if you do not already have it is the “photone” app. Help u dial your lights in

1 Like

If you’re using the jacks 321 and not the tap line it’s jacks part A and epson salt completely dissolved then add part B and stir until completely dissolved. It has to be mixed in that order :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

This may be no help whatsoever, but I bought an hlg 350r and immediately started getting foxtails due to not realizing how intense it was. I contacted hlg, and they sent me this. Not sure if it correlates to you, but maybe give you an idea. Also a post from someone on how they use the light. Again, maybe something will correlate with you.

1 Like

Honestly ur best of going back to what the company recommends the light should be at you can get online and find the information you need

2 Likes