What scrog do you use?

@PurpNGold74 Right here… Thanks again man. :smile:
(can see it’s going to take me a while to get to know who I’m replying to)

1 Like

@helppleze welcome to the craziness!

@kw_Bat got two of those scrogs in now just gotta find time to set them up… Anyone wanna run a grow for me while I neglect it? :rofl:

1 Like

Typical.the scrog is about 12 to 14 inches above dirt. Then you put your net up and weave them.in as you go forward.

Which could be in and out as they form

1 Like

Yea I’m not sure which system I’ll add it to yet, I’ve got two in veg. Does it matter if the girls are that tall yet?

By that I mean, should I put it over Before they reach 14 inches then allow them to come up to it, or can I pull it over established plants? @kw_Bat or whoever decides to respond

1 Like

@PharmerBob,

I went back in my journal and grabbed some photos of my first placement of the SCROG net.

You can scroll through a few weeks photos, and see how it developed.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

I do a ton of lst and topping on my photos and the last scrog I put up was a total pain in the grass. Do you think I’ll get real benefit from it?

Normally you wouldn’t LST a plant you’re going to scrog

1 Like

The last time I had to because the flowers got so heavy they were falling over and I wanted a little more separation. There are a few YouTube video makers that also scrim LST plants for similar reasons. I think I’ll go with yo-yos next time

1 Like

Added the scrog the other day to two 4x4’s

One is just in place waiting for growth to get there.

Other got pulled in overtop existing growth

2 Likes

Interested :+1: wondering about watering, your plants seem to be sitting on a flat board. Could they be on wire bottoms so runoff could go into removable drain pan. Or how do you handle runoff?

1 Like

Currently the plants are sitting on 1/2" tall risers that I placed under the pots so the plants are not sitting in the runoff. I use a small pump to remove the runoff.

When this grow is complete, I have constructed 4" high wire racks for the plants to sit on. The runoff trays will slide in and out to make removing runoff easier.

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

Mine are raised with metal closet shelves and using aluminum turkey pans for run off.

5 Likes

That is exactly what I have…I cut them to 20" X 20" to fit my existing mobile SCROG frames.

Tried to find some wire shelving at Habitat For Humanity Restore, no luck to had to purchase new.

Yeah I got these off a job and attached them to my mobile set up lol.

2 Likes

They look like they were made for that lol…very nice

@merlin44

Could you explain this part of constructing your scrog net or provide a picture?

One last thing that I did was to put screws at each “corner” around both the frames and strung twine very tightly to hold everything together. I did this rather than glueing so that I could easily modify or store the SCROG frames.

Im going to try to build a pair of these :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Instead of screws I used a 1/4" drill bit and set my spacing that way then lace it up like a boot. No adhesive or screws needed as the taut string keeps it all together. I do recommend setting up your net rectangular instead of square as it makes threading branches through easier. 4 X 6" spacing is what I went with.

Never put more than one plant in a screen either.

2 Likes

Here is a photo of the lower frame with the adjustable upper SCROG frame removed

At each elbow around the frame there is a screw and the pink twine is strung all the way around to hold the frame together. There are many ways of doing this, any of them will work. The reason for doing this is that the pipe fittings are much more expensive than the pipe and by putting them together without glue I can modify the frames to suit me without purchasing new fittings and much of the pipe could be reused as well.

Here is a close up of the twine and screws

@OG_Kenobi I hope this helps. By the way, there is no try…Do or Do Not.

5 Likes

Nice setup with that grate.

1 Like