What scrog do you use?

You would be surprised at how simple it really is. With just a few minutes of “show and tell” you could likely build something like this yourself. The programming part might take a week or two to learn with some good instruction.

In addition to my work with control systems, I also taught industrial controls for a number of years. Pretty easy after you learn a few basics.

Yup Merlin, you have skills my guy. :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

1 Like

I’m gonna learn all kinds of skills growing this plant…too bad I’m an impatient cuss

2 Likes

Growing cannabis will cure this ROFLMAO

3 Likes

As will CURING marijuana :joy::rofl:

6 Likes

SCROG Bill Of Materials and Cut List

This design is specific to growing in 10 gallon pots (fabric and plastic)

NOTE: Adjust sizes to meet your specific needs

Base Unit
(1 ea) 22" X 22" X 1/2" plywood
(5 ea) 1" swivell casters
(4 ea) 1/2" PVC 90 degree elbow
(8 ea) 1/2" PVC “T”
(8 ea) 1/2" PVC 45 degree elbow
(4 ea) 3/4" cross
(8 ea) 3/4->1/2 reducer bushing
(8 ea) 1/2" PVC pipe 9" long - lower base frame
(4 ea) 1/2" PVC pipe 20 1/2" long - upper base frame supports
(8 ea) 1/2" PVC pipe 6 3/4" long - upper base frame
(8 ea) 1/2" PVC pipe 3 1/2" long - upper base frame

SCROG Frame
(4 ea) 1/2" PVC “T”
(8 ea) 1/2" PVC 45 degree elbow
(8 ea) 1/2" PVC pipe 14" long - SCROG frame
(8 ea) 1/2" PVC pipe 4" long - SCROG frame
(4 ea) 1/2" PVC pipe 16" long - SCROG frame vertical supports

You will need about four 10’ pieces of 1/2" PVC pipe for each setup that you build.

Four of the casters will be attached near the corners of the plywood base and the fifth caster will be attached in the center of the plywood and will have washers placed between the caster flange and the plywood to make the center wheel a tiny bit taller than the corner wheels. This is done to make rotating easier.

The lower base frame is attached to the plywood with wood screws but you could use pipe straps as well.

The “SCROG frame vertical supports” have 1/4" holes drilled every 4" for the adjustment pins.

Use twine or string for the actual screen. Either install 1/2" sheet metal screws or drill holes every 3" - 4" for the twine/string.

One last thing that I did was to put screws at each “corner” around both the frames and strung twine very tightly to hold everything together. I did this rather than glueing so that I could easily modify or store the SCROG frames.

If the assembly of these parts is not clear from looking at the photos, I will describe the assembly process. Just let me know…

Here is a photo of the base units and you can see the SCROG frames leaning against the wall. The vertical supports of the SCROG frame slide into the 3/4" tees.

13 Likes

Very Cool!! Thanks a bunch! I’m gonna do it! Mine are a couple weeks till there done enough and I’ll see about getting g it up and running for the next one! I’ve done the same here, lurked and read ALOT, all my ideas have been super refined here in this forum! Love the center caster idea, with the pic and the explanation it should go pretty well! I’ll let you know!!

1 Like

When I move the next batch into the flower room, I will raise the pots onto wire racks with the drip trays slid in below. That will make monitoring runoff and removing runoff much easier.

The adjustable top frame makes this super easy to do without any need to modify the SCROG frames in any way. Just move the adjusting pins to the next set of holes, good to go!

2 Likes

Yeah, I just edited again after I looked a lot closer! I see how you got the drainage now. But yeah I really this set up!I’ll be going to Lowes sometime in the next couple days!! LOL

2 Likes

You might save a few dollars by purchasing really cheap casters at Harbor Freight or some similar low end tool/hardware supplier. The casters don’t see any really hard duty but I did find that lubricating them with some silicone spray lube really made them work better.

If you go with Lowe’s or Home Depot (for casters) be prepared to spend a few bucks on wheels.

1 Like

Got a HF not 4 miles! Great idea. For them, I usually spend way too much time money I there! Lol…atleast that what She says! Hahaha

1 Like

@merlin44 project manager, engineer, purchasing? Which is your job?

1 Like

I went back and forth between project management and design engineer. Later more of a hands on engineer before retiring.

1 Like

@merlin44 I need the master cam file for that build dwg!

1 Like

@helppleze come take a peek. And find a mentor. Type @ (whoever name) on your journal and you can snag some attention.

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 Right here… Thanks again man. :smile:
(can see it’s going to take me a while to get to know who I’m replying to)

1 Like

@helppleze welcome to the craziness!

@kw_Bat got two of those scrogs in now just gotta find time to set them up… Anyone wanna run a grow for me while I neglect it? :rofl:

1 Like

Typical.the scrog is about 12 to 14 inches above dirt. Then you put your net up and weave them.in as you go forward.

Which could be in and out as they form

1 Like

Yea I’m not sure which system I’ll add it to yet, I’ve got two in veg. Does it matter if the girls are that tall yet?

By that I mean, should I put it over Before they reach 14 inches then allow them to come up to it, or can I pull it over established plants? @kw_Bat or whoever decides to respond

1 Like

@PharmerBob,

I went back in my journal and grabbed some photos of my first placement of the SCROG net.

You can scroll through a few weeks photos, and see how it developed.

Hope this helps.

1 Like