🤷🏻‍♀️ what’s wrong?

Hi everyone :raising_hand_woman:t2:… I have a dilemma… :tipping_hand_woman:t2:
Here is my Gorilla Glue Auto… sprouted on June 13th… not even three hours after planting my neighbors dog dug in my pots​:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:… luckily I found it and saved it, however, I do believe it stunted her growth… She originally started in FFOF and 30%perlite… I had to transplant at 4wks old because it came an unexpected down pour and because she is outdoor only it waterlogged her… Keep it mind it’s been a super wet season here… but I’ve kept covered for the most part…So I moved to a 10-15L plastic planter mixed her dirt with FF Coco Loco… so the mix is 25%perlite, 35%FFOF and the rest is Coco Loco… Temp day: 75-95 Night: 70-55… lots of humidity… not long after moving her she started flowering… I feed her the CANNA coco A and B with Tiger Bloom… I don’t have a PPM meter nor do I even know what all that means… but my plant has been showing these symptoms since transplant and it’s not getting better or much bigger​:tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:

3 Likes

Plant looks fine; just a tad hungry. Gotta allow pot to dry out and not let them sit in wet media.

A PH meter and TDS meter are two of the most important tools you will have when growing, especially if adding supplements. You simply can’t do a good job of it without them. We can help you learn how to use them.

5 Likes

Auto flowers run on a genetic clock and flower according to their own timetable. Anything that disrupts the timetable like transplanting, or in your case a dog attack will stunt the plant. Its still gonna flower according to its timetable so there is nothing that can be done about the size. In the future do everything you can to limit disruptions to the grow of auto flowers. Lots of us will plant the seed directly into its final pot after soaking or at least very shortly after sprouting.
@Myfriendis410 has you covered on the yellow leaves

3 Likes

So I will need both a PPM and TDS?

2 Likes

So i had originally put her right into a 10-15L container but when she got so wet I was afraid it was too much so I decided to transplant to one with more drainage… how do you get the watering just right and even with going into such a big pot for a tiny seedling… I struggled with that…

They are essentially the same thing.

1 Like

Im not an outdoor grower so I just let the pots dry out almost completely before watering.
You seem to be on the right track by giving attention to drainage.
Many of us add an extra 10 - 20 % perlite to help. Coco drains well too.
Im sure others will chime in on this soon. Weekends are a little more quiet than weekdays. So keep checking in.

1 Like

Yes I added the perlite it’s about 25%

1 Like

Where are you located…generally speaking, not specifically. Just so we know what weather you deal with.

And does any know if I could have nute lock out from the few times my covering system has failed me and they get pretty soaked cause it’s affects of hurricane season…

Mountain range on the East Coast…

I may be off base, but if its been overwatered by rain it may have simply washed out the nutrients that were present in the soil, or at least what was left.
As mentioned before a PH meter is a must. It could be the pH is off and locking out your food.
Amazon has several inexpensive sets of pH and PPM meters

1 Like

Will the the PPM tell the PH ?

1 Like

Apera makes a quality pH meter. Or blue lab.

2 Likes

Ph tells the acidity / alkalinity of the water solution’ It can also be used to test the soil with a slurry test.
If you are too high or low certain nutrients are not available to the plant.
You want to be around 6.5 in soil.

The ppm meter tells you Parts per Million of the food you add to the water.
Depending on how old the plant is once you begin feeding you will watch how much food you are giving. I start around 300ppm and go up to 800 or 1000. Some plants want even more.

2 Likes

There are some more and some less expensive. Your budget dictates

1 Like

So I’ll need both…

And test before and after???

2 Likes

I just test the water before giving it to the plant.
If I develop a big problem I will test the soil
I will look for a slurry test link.

I usually filter through a cheesecloth but its not necessary
1 Like