What’s Wrong With My Plants? I’m Lost!

They looked like mites. Small black dots on the leaves.

1 Like

I’ve got the veg cycle down. When I switch to flower I haven’t been nearly as successful.

That’s where I’ve seen leaves like that; spider mites.

So… discontinue the dont bug me spray.

In the future beware of pyrethrin. If you do have to foliar spray with anything do it just before lights out, or at least with the lights turned wayyyyy down.

Flowering is when the plants need lots of things. It’s typical for the grow to go off then.

I’d clear away as much dead matter as possible. The flowering plant may not make it. The others, we’ll have to see.

Not all of the dying plants had that spray. That’s why I’m worried they were malnourished. Half a gallon of feed once a week seems light now that I sit here and wonder.

Spider mites will kill off a plant.

Are you still seeing them? You probably need at least 30x.

They were bad. What should I to rid of them if not the spray? Are you saying 30 times what I’m feeding?

This is where testing ppms comes in handy. You know how strong your nutrient solution is and you know how full/empty your soil is.

No, god forbid.

30x magnification.

I have a PPM and I’m in the process of getting a nice Ph meter. I need to learn how to better test with them.

1 Like

Gotta use that science.

Are you following the fox farms feed and flush schedule?

Yes. A little less than full strength.

And the flush? Don’t forget that. It’s imperative with fox farms nutes.

There’s some info here on spider mites.

Ive shockingly not had to deal with them…yet.

@garrigan62 @Skydiver @Covertgrower @tanlover442 a lil help?

1 Like

Could those have died from lockout from not flushing regularly?

Always possible, but you’d really have to starve/lockout a plant to do that. You would’ve noticed something amiss first.

There aren’t many clear pics of the leaves, other than the ones you posted. From what I can see, there doesn’t seem to be much amiss. Maybe some mag deficiency, but still, hard to tell.

I’m pointing my finger at the spider mites and pyrethrin as the responsible duo.

Thank you!

1 Like

Let’s hope some others can chime in with the best route to fix the mites.

Til then, cut off everything that’s dead/dried up. Keep them watered with properly pH’d water, and let us know when your pH meter shows up. When you do water, collect the runoff and test the ppms. Let us know what the #’s are.

This may seem like a dumb question, but are you testing the pH of your nutrient solution just before feeding the plants?

You think I should keep these plants going? Can they survive? They’ve been in flowering for over two months and have next to nothing on them.

I test the PPM and only have a runoff pill test to test the PH currently.

Well, that’s a tough question. The nature lover in me wants to save everything.

But, having learned some very tough lessons cultivating cannabis, it’s frequently a good move to ditch a nuked plant or an entire grow if it’s infected.

It’s a bitter pill, but one can spend months battling an infestation, and spend money, only to get a mediocre harvest and another infected grow after.

If you start over now in a clean environment you’ll be golden in 6 weeks.

But, please, don’t just go on my advice.

1 Like

What’s your latest runoff ppm looking like?