What’s up with these leaves?

Week 3 veg, plenty of light good 6.2 ph water/soil, novagro 7-4-10 @ 700ppm alternating between watering (water, nutes, water, etc) Soil is tupar gold. pinched off last week so thinking the jacked up leaves are from where I pinched it off and that was left over- maybe didn’t go far enough down the stem so wasn’t too worried until I started seeing discolored/brown dead spots. Treated for mites a week ago and plants are much better and growing again, but these leaves got me stumped!

1 Like

6.2 ph may be causing you some lockout issues… i would bring it up a bit to a 6.8 ish range and see how they respond to it… are you using any cal-mag type nutes in addition ?

2 Likes

@if3gt4 nope, no cal mag, just the FloraNova Grow, dirt and lights (distilled water when I have it and RO water from the house other times… will get some ph up tomorrow for the next watering. I waited like 1.5-2 weeks before nutes since I thought the soil would have what they needed so started around 300ppm but buddy suggested to bump to 700ppm

2 Likes

RO water may also be contributing to some of that… here is what i would do if they were mine… get some tap water in a bucket and let it set out for 24 hours so it becomes tepid… assuming your water is around a 7.0 Ph from the tap… use that to water for the next few waterings and see where that gets you… a very small amount of cal-mag might also help if you have been using RO water… thats just my 2 cents and verify your tap water PH prior to doing it…

4 Likes

@if3gt4 thx. Will do!

1 Like

hope that helps get things back on track … let us know how they shape up after that

1 Like

Yep absolutely it’s notorious with RO water. I think iffy got you back on track. Good stuff ^^^^^^

3 Likes

iffy… hahaha thats great… good one…

3 Likes

@if3gt4 did a slurry test, 6.7 so ph probably good so leaning toward the cal mag since I’ve been using RO and distilled, we have a water softener so didn’t want the salt but now chasing this issue. Always learning!!

2 Likes

I use distilled also and add a little GO Cal/Mag every watering. For some reason I always have a phosphorus deficiency as well… not sure if it’s related to the distilled water though, I always have to add a little liquid bone meal too.

2 Likes

Rockin right along @if3gt4 @LoCoRock @Caligurl thx for the tips!

2 Likes

thats great… keep monotoring them and happy growing

1 Like