What’s up with these leaves? Overwatering?

17 day old critical purple . I think it’s overwatering

Take a pic in normal lighting. Hard to see under the blurple.
And welcome!

This is the only one doing this I have 4 other autos that seem fine. Same soil, mutes and watering as this girl. First grow so I’m a bit paranoid of killing them

Is it just the one leaf? Any chance that leaf was in contact with your soil after you fed her?

There are probably 4 individual leaves and I think I probably could have got some on her. My lights were pretty low too. I have 1000 watt leds. I have them at 20 inches or so above plants.

It looks to me like burning from a nute splash. Take some pics under a white light it will help show the overall health of the plant .

1 Like

What size pots are they?

5 gallon

May we have photos of the whole plant please? copy and paste the below ticket and fill it in please so the forum can help sort it out for you.

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

Age from Sprout:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

Indoor or Outdoor:

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

3 Likes

Looks like the guys are on the right track. Fill out the ticket posted above. And clear white light pictures will help as well. Sometimes the blurple lights hides issues.

2 Likes

Is there any way we can get a cape and lycra suit made for Capt LED ? But we would need a photo when he puts it all on.

1 Like

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain: critical purple from growers choice

Age from Sprout: 18 days

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots: mix of Fox farms ocean floor and happy frog 5 gallon pots

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? Every third day now determined by weight

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir: 6.8 in run off 6.4

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: Fox Farms grow big and big bloom 1/4 suggested strength

Indoor or Outdoor:indoor

Light system, size and height from plants:
1000 watt led 24 inches away
Temps; Day, Night: 76/72

Humidity; Day, Night:40/36
Trying to get it higher with humidifier
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:
Yes recently added
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:humidifier

Co2; Yes, No:no

Ventilation system is 6 inch in and out with carbon filter in a 4x8 Vicodin grow tent

It looks like the leaves were touching the soil? If so that’s the likely culprit. Any leaves that touches the soil will die. The plant looks pretty dark so it might be over fed a touch and based on the puffy well defined leaf ridges the plant is a little over watered. But if it had just been watered that day disregard. With them being so young and in soil that has nutrients the additional nutrients probably haven’t been necessary. They’ll start needing them over the next couple weeks though. In my opinion I’d skip the nutrients in the next watering just give her ph water and see how she looks a few days after that. But wait to see what some soil growers think since I don’t grow in soil they may have other thoughts.

1 Like

I also noticed you didn’t post PPM numbers. Measuring what you’re putting in and what comes out can give you information on how well the plant is eating and help you to plan for the next feeding. I’d strongly suggest buying a cheap digital meter if you don’t have one yet.

ppm? I have ph meter and a meter that came with filter water pitcher. Do I need something different?

Got any pics of it?

it is a PPM meter

What numbers should I be looking for with that?