What’s up with these colors? Part of the process or bite issue?

I’m confused by these colorings. I’m being told to add calmag but also being told that it is just “autumn colorings” or “natural”.

Can someone help?

She is a 58 day old (total age from seed sprout) Lowryder auto in ffhf soil. Never had any calmag.

Really not sure if she needs nutes, calmag, or left alone.

Her overall color is a lighter green. She has always been dark green.

2 Likes

Thanks in advance. Noob grower trying not to lose her in the final stretch.

1 Like

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Also; what are you using to measure PH and TDS?

1 Like

Lowryder auto in FFHF 4 gal pots. Ph in 6.6 out 6.5 on calibrated ph meter. She has had light nutes maybe 1/4 recommendations every 1.5-2 weeks. Never had calmag. She sits under a spider farm sf2000 in 69 night to 78 day temp. Humidity approx 50%.

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
    Growers choice

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
    Soil

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
    Pots

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor or Outdoor
    Indoor

• Light systemsf2000

• Temps; Day, Night 79-69

• Humidity; Day, Night 50

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size yes 6”

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, Ac

• Co2; Yes, No
    No
    [/quote]

Do you know the TDS of supplements going in? What nutrient line? Have you done a flush? (recommended by FF)

I do. I’m using foxfarm trio according to recommendations at 25% strength.

I did a flush 2 weeks ago

So what is it? Trying to help but need info…

1 Like

Sorry fox farm trio. I do not have the TDS. I couldn’t find one. Are you looking for the contains? I have a feeding schedule.

1 Like

The first thing I would suggest is to acquire a decent TDS meter to measure the PPM’s of your nutrient solution in as well as measuring the runoff to see how concentrated salts are in your soil. Meters are less than $15 and is a good investment.

You are showing a number of different deficiencies which can only be corrected properly using a good PH and TDS meter. When you get one tag me and I’ll walk you through getting back on track.

3 Likes

how far is your light above the plant

I agree with @Myfriendis410. IMHO I think it’s underfed. I have always fed the FF trio in FFOF and at this point I’d be at the recommended full strength. Every plant varies but I’ve never had an issue.

3 Likes

@VigorTheCarpathian the TDS meter @Myfriendis410 suggested is helpful because your nute solution will have X amount of nutes in it, say 1200 ppm. After feeding you can test the run off and see how much the plant is eating if any. Makes diagnosing issues easier. I suspect it’s a combo of natural yellowing and underfed ladies. But the meter will tell us for sure one way or the other.

1 Like

@LandShark, @Vance420 and @Myfriendis410 thank you for commenting.

I’m an idiot. I thought that TDS meant “tech data sheet”.

I ordered the TDS meter yesterday and it will be here today. Do you want me to make a slurry an test the soil or poor water through the plant and measure the runoff?

Also curios how you know which nutes are missing if the total tds is too low?

Thanks for the help and sorry for the noob mistake. I’d have written back to yesterday but the forum limited my posts.

2 Likes

You are not an idiot: there are a lot of acronyms: DLI, PPFD, VPD, etc all are used here.

Fortunately we don’t have to know the breakdown of what’s present but the total of dissolved salts is enough info for our purposes.

Just water plant at normal watering; water to between 10 and 20% runoff and capture/measure the last 1/4 cup or so. That is a runoff test.

2 Likes

You cant say that for sure, it could be over fed and simply have a lockout condition because of PH being out of range. The OP needs to follow @Myfriendis410 s advice, until the ph pen and ec pen are part of the OPs kit it will be a guessing game and any further advice will be speculation at best.

1 Like

You must’ve missed the part where I said " IMHO" (in my humble opinion) and “I think”. I never said it was for sure under fed. I also factored in VTC said that he’s feeding at 1/4 the recommended strength. You are correct however that until he has a ph and ec pen it’s a guessing game.

1 Like

You’re not an idiot by any stretch! If all of us knew everything this would be nothing but a brag forum! Don’t be afraid to ask questions, it’s cheaper than making costly mistakes!

1 Like

Yep that comment I made was not intended to disprove you or dis you in any way, yall know me, Im not a troll. It seems as though new growers can get confused easily and tend to panic at the first sign of disease. The instinct is to feed more or flush or pluck sick leaves or any number of attempts at saving their babies, I know Ive been there.
But any time we have a new grower with a nutrient issue we should first find out why? If the answer is no method of testing, then we need to resolve that first. I cant tell you how many times Ive heard folks say its a deficiency because not enough N or some other thing only to find out the ph was like 5.0 or 8.0 or the plant is sucking wind because a 4 foot tall plant is in an 8 inch pot!
You are an experienced grower and these things are obvious to you. Some of these folks have never grown tomatoes! Its all good we are in this together :heart:

2 Likes

:+1: :beers:

1 Like