What’s the best rosin press for the money?

I’d love to hear what people have and how it works for them. I’d also like to hear any knowledge people have about particular presses.

1 Like

@dbrn32 @Myfriendis410 ??

1 Like

I haven’t really kept up with the state of the art as I like alcohol extraction better.

1 Like

@VTGROW I’m jumping in on your research, I was looking into different types also, seems to just be a hydrolic Jack and heated plates I started considering a MacGyver build lol.
@Myfriendis410 I also wouldn’t mind trying your alcohol method, do you mind sharing your process?

1 Like

I’m going to own a Source Turbo.

2 Likes

I have a source turbo but so far just made hash oil for edibles. Not sure how to make good rosin or shatter with the Source.

I was looking at Nug Smashers for rosin press.

Let me know how it works, I might pick one up too… but I spent a little too much, so I’ll have to wait until next year maybe.

2 Likes

My first choice would closed loop butane. Unlikely I will do that, so haven’t spent a lot of time searching much else. You could follow gg video and build your own. What you end up with for the cost will be good deal. Otherwise I would see what features you want then try to look for knock off on Alibaba if you want a good price.

Watched video for these, seem pretty badass.

2 Likes

I wonder if this would work ok for the press?

1 Like

This is the one I have… LOVE It! Easy to use and it didnt break the bank.

1 Like

You can buy the plates with heater and P.I.D. controller online and use in an arbor press. More often though recommend a bottle jack: 10 tons beats the arbor press all day long lol.

2 Likes

That’s what i was thinking. Yes it will work butttt. Might as well buy something that im not going to want to replace after a week of use lol.

Where can I find some good tutorials on how to use a press and what type of raw material is suitable for pressing? Is this used to make hash?

This is the assembled unit i was looking at. What do you figure on how much it can press at a time?

I would YouTube it.

1 Like

@Covertgrower
I have to tell you if you’ve dabbled with making extracts/edibles and then buy the source turbo, you will kick yourself for not purchasing it sooner. You get almost all the alcohol back each time. It pays for itself in roughly 20-30 runs depending on what quality alcohol you use. I can’t say enough about the Source Turbo. Seriously!

3 Likes

I just got this one and it’s working great.

2 Likes