What’s the best additive for warm water RDWC?

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed—American Pie Auto
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF—RDWC
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths—Net pots with Hydroton and Root Riot
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)—5.8
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable—0.6 EC
  • Indoor or Outdoor—indoor, 4x4 tent
  • Light system—HLG 600 Rspec
  • Temps; Day, Night—76 day, 70 night
  • Humidity; Day, Night—50% day, 55% night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size—6” with carbon filter
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,—humidifier
  • Co2; Yes, No—No

The temperature of my water is currently 71deg in a RDWC system, (4) 8 gallon buckets with a reservoir outside the tent. Looking for Suggestions for what to use to battle possible bacteria, algae, etc… in the water that may present themselves. Thanks.

1 Like

Are you using hydroguard?

No, I’m not using anything other than GH Micro, Gro, and Bloom at this point. Looking for suggestions if I should be using Hydroguard or UC Roots or Orca, etc…

Definitely get your hands on some hydroguard. My resivor is in the 70s during the summer and this stuff helps a lot. Get as many bubbles as you can too. This will ensure they get oxygen because as temperatures rise less dissolved oxygen becomes available. If anything else you may need to get a chiller.

1 Like

Hydroguard is what I use. You may run into trouble with water temps above 70. Some can get away with it but most, including myself use a chiller.
Some also use 2L frozen water bottles to help cool the water.
If you have any questions feel free to ask them here.
Pictures! WE LIKE pictures… lol :v:
Good luck! :+1:t2::sunglasses:

1 Like

I would add silica to this along with cal mag due to your lighting. Hydroguard is what I use and you should have a ready supply of 3% peroxide handy as well. At rez change, sterilize with peroxide: I have a small Hudson sprayer that I keep a quart in. You can then run a more dilute mix through the pump and lines and even spray roots if needed. Then drain and fill with fresh solution. 71F is just borderline: have you covered buckets with styrofoam? That can drop temps some.

Ultimately you may want to invest in a chiller. I finally did and don’t regret it.

3 Likes