What’s happening with 1 my plants please help

Hi guys I have 3 plants in a room under a 600 hps I have been growing for many years
I am growing in coco
They have been turned down to 12/12 for 5 days
The ph is at 5.9- 6
The ec is 18
I am using coco specific nutrients
Daytime temp is 25
Night can get down to 12 as it’s winter here
The plant in question is a Barney’s farm blue cheese from seed and the other 2 are skunk
Here is some pics

Hope u guys can help , it started about 2 weeks after transplanting into 30 l pots still in veg 18 hours on the blue cheese just started having what looked like nitrogen lockout , I flushed then thought maybe my ph pen was out of cal so recalibrated and was out by about 4 units so fixed that reflushed with ph 6 and ec of 12 still same the run off was 15 ph 6.1 so then thought magnesium def so flushed again with Epsom salts and added 10 level tea spoons to 20l ph 6 water
Not sure what’s happening

Looks like they have too much water from flushing. Let them dry up.

Looks like it’s not getting enough water. How often do you water? Or maybe too much water

lol He just flushed out twice. So i think they are drowning.

Ima go with too much water because I see that you flushed. Let them dry out before watering again. Maybe 3 days or so. Make sure you have a good watering schedule down. Feel the pot when its dry, and then try to water everytime again around that weight, that’s one of the easiest methods to use.

You’re right I didnt see the bottom part

When i feel my soil is too wet i fluff up the dirt /turn it over a little to let air help dry it out.

I wouldn’t do that too much, as you could disrupt the roots and cause some plant shock. You are growing in fabric pots which do pretty much exactly that. They are great for keeping the roots oxygenated.

Well, i don’t dig in really deep. Just a surface toss. You are right, the fabric pots will dry out much faster than my 5gal plastic pots.

get a fan on that soil, not to strong tho.

HPS alone may be the culprit. A little blue light may help.

I’m having susses with ceramic and believe it may be the best “stand alone” bulb.

Plants exposed to more HPS than MH tend to “yellow up” and finish quicker.

50/50 HPS/MH is the minimum amount of mixture, 2 HPS to 1 MH is usually optimum.

The ceramic (LEC) is giving me good results, however it’s not standing all alone, it has HPS giving it indirect company.

P.S. temperature may also be assisting in the poor transition.

I use a tell-tale thermometer to see the highest recorded temperature.

Yeah guys I didn’t just flush then flush again there was at least 3 days in between, but I did notice the coco isn’t drying out much , I have some delicious candys in another room and they in coco same size and are powering , they dry out after 2 days , I am also only watering 1 time a day at same time 10 between the 3

Sorry 10 litres between the blue cheese and the 2 skunks

There is also a fan and exhaust fan too

I use to use mh as well but just stopped as am limited by space and cost so I usually just start with a 400 hps then when switch to flowering swap with the 600

bob31
ILGM VolunteerJul '17
I tweaked this one a little…

Save it to a notepad

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

Age from Sprout:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

Indoor or Outdoor:

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

Fill this put best you can
All is speculation to this point

They look starved and root bound to me but with out knowing specifics it is hard to say exactly what you have going on

Name of strain :Barney’s Farm blue cheese , Kerr’s skunk,
Put into flower 12/12 6 days ago
Soil in pots,Coco / House and garden
Size of Pots: 30 litre
How often do you water every 2 nd day
PH of water 5.8-6.1and runoff or solution:6.1
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC:16-18
Indoor :
Light system:600hps height from plants: 30 cm
Temps; Day: 26Night:11
Humidity; Day, Night:
Ventilation system; Yes, exhaust fan , internal oscillating fan
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:no
Co2; No:

I am just wondering. Do they look like this all the time? I grow in coco as well. my plants will look like that when I turn on the lights. Started happening shortly after flowering started. After watering, a few hours later. They would look fine again. Lift your pots and see if they feel heavy or light. That will give you a good idea if they are retaining a lot of water. Do you put in a certain amount of water and then check the run off afterwards? If not. That will tell you a lot about what is going on. I shoot for about 4 cups of run off. I use 3 gallon pots.
I normally give my plants any where between 8 and 16 cups of water. Depends on what they use. I wait about 20 minutes after watering then drain the run off into a pitcher to see what they used. I then check the ph and TDS of my run off. If you do that. You will have a record of what your plants like. I ph at 5.8 in. My ph run off is about 6.5. Do you water till you have about 20% run off. if not, you will get build ups in your coco and your plants will not feed as well. Keeping records will show you how your plant is doing… I am not telling you what to do. The info here will help answer some of the questions you are going to be asked here. I had a lot of trouble with my first grow. The member’s on here got me straightened right up. :grin:
This is how I keep track just to give you an idea.
I hope this helps a little.