What’s happening here? Seedling yellowing from the centre

Ahhh I get ya yeah could be heat stress or something aswell, yeah I was getting almost 32C some days in the grow cupboard!

Ok so, sounds like I need to look at moving my light up a bit higher.

I think maybe my light is too hot for such a small space. I have an internal fan in there but it doesn’t oscillate. Any other suggestions to keep it a bit cooler in there?

1 Like

That is exactly my problem also! I’m running a 600w vipaspectra in a little storage cupboard with three plants in :laughing: and an AC unit and humidifier :roll_eyes: so environment has probably played a small role in my problems

I raised my light a few inches which I believe has helped

1 Like

@Se7en Hey hey! So I’ve raised my light and she already looks better!
I’ll try and send more pics later.

I need to know what soil you use as well as you know what’s more available to me… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Heheh wicked stuff @CalamityJane :relaxed: Can’t wait to see! My cherry bomb isn’t looking so well, but my others are doing perfect :v:t2: I was in coco perlite mix but I now use bio bizz light mix soil which I just ordered off eBay this is the stuff here, they also do a super mix which is already fertilised too

1 Like

This is the cherry bomb now

2 Likes

Thank you. I have seen that a few times but not seen any results from it so wasn’t sure what it was like.
I’ll see how this sorry excuse works out first and then I’ll invest in some of that, I reckon.
Nice one! Thank you. :smile::smile::smile:

1 Like

Ok @Se7en here you go…

Also, sorry for honing in on you, all seems to have gone a bit quiet here. Maybe they all think I’m a hopeless case :joy:

So here’s some pics of the top, half way down and that scabby looking leaf which I don’t think will improve now.
Some with flash on, some without. I think sometimes flash can make it look healthier/greener than it probably is. Sorry, natural light was fading.

Big leaves higher up still going a bit shiny.

New growth coming from lower down the stem looks healthy.

Starting to smell a bit now :smile:

Ph improved but still at 6.9-7.

2 Likes

You don’t ever need to apologise to me :relaxed: She is looking so much better!! Just keep doing what you’re doing she will pull through! You’re not a hopeless cause :laughing: there’s a ton of beginners here and there’s a ton of experienced people here but everyone starts as a beginner :wink: I’m still learning and making mistakes aswell! Without this community I probably would have given up by yesterday :sweat_smile:

1 Like

And you’re welcome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

You are very kind, thank you.

I see that picture on your other thread about topping vs fimming - now, I don’t want to get ahead of myself but are either of these necessary?
I know (or I think I know) that fimming stunts the growth of the main stem.
But was does topping actually do?

Thank you again
CJ

1 Like

I don’t top the autos I only top photos as I hear that most autos don’t veg long enough to recover from being topped, so they’re best left along but just do leaf tucking when and where you can, like tucking fan leaves down or back to expose bud sights to light and air flow etc, the guava dawg photo I topped yesterday is the first time I’ve ever done it, so I’m just going by a few other peoples techniques and see how it pans out :relaxed:

2 Likes

And you’re welcome always happy to help :relaxed:

Ah I see. Makes sense about not doing it on autos.

Ok so I’ve read about LST but wasn’t sure when to start it as my plant was so far behind where it should be at 6 weeks.
So just kind of tie it so it’s leaning over horizontally.
How long do I leave it like that for?
Assume I will then have to do on opposite side?

Thank you so much.

1 Like

If your going thru hell…keep going. Keep calm and carry on. Your pot is small, its getting root bound is some of its problem now. You could take a sample size of your original soil mix, or as much as you used to start with and use the flush out to get a good starting number on the soil PH you started with. Experiments on your girl now are ill advised. Get that reading on the soil and think about getting it into a bigger pot. If not its likely to just stretch up and be one main and some fluff down lower. The best cure for those ugly leaves? Cut them off so you don’t have to look at them, I’d leave them be until they fell off. I hope you can get another set going now, you’ve got the info for more success in the future :+1::grin:

3 Likes

This is a picture of early LST on an autoflower that’s 9 almost 10 days old. Theres already another node since I took this yesterday. Today.

2 Likes

While there are many videos on LST, this one is cool for the time-lapse footage. Cool and creepy at the same time!

I had to LST in an emergency situation; the plants outgrew the space. So, it can be done by us newbies as well! :slightly_smiling_face: Didn’t go all out LST because my plants were in flowering stage at the time I had to bend them.

How to LST Video Link

Enjoy.

2 Likes

I agree with @SoGnotSOG she could be about time to go into a new pot, keep aiming at getting your soil back on track and I’m sure she’ll do fine! You’ll be amazed at how much they grow once they’ve “settled” themselves :relaxed:
If you’re in soil or compost don’t feed too much either, never give the recommended dose, as the soil should have the nutrients already in it to last a good few weeks, and as it’s auto they sometimes flower quite early so you may just need to go straight to flowering nutes, like my baby cherry bomb has start showing pistils already so she’s showing sex now and she’s about three weeks old now

1 Like

Thank you @SoGnotSOG I thought my pot would be big enough for just the one plant - I’m worried about repotting it as I’ve heard autos can’t take the stress of it.
Generally speaking, I’ve repotted plants before so pretty confident I can do it but worried about the fragility of this particular plant.

Sorry I’m not understanding what you’re saying about taking a sample bit of soil…
Do you mean when I re-pot? Can I not use fresh (ph adjusted) compost?

I thought about cutting off those leaves. They’re just sucking goodies that other, healthier parts could put to better use.
I’ll see what they look like after re-potting, so as not not stress it too much.
Or happy to let them fall off on their own. Open to advice here.

Didn’t realise you could LST on it at such an early stage.

Thanks for your advice!

1 Like