What’s happening here? Seedling yellowing from the centre

Just like growing weed, go slow and be careful :rofl:

2 Likes

Me too @Newolhead but I did that degree many moons ago :rofl:

2 Likes

@anon33684698 Are you finding this as challenging/addicting/satisfying as I do ?

1 Like

@Newolhead absolutely! Since I finished my 2nd degree I’ve been at a little bit of a loss. So this is perfectly fulfilling my mind. I think the way our brains are wired means we need to keep learning, so we absolutely throw ourselves into our new hobby and just can’t bring ourselves to do things by halves - thus the frustrating bit, but yes, it’s also making me super happy to see my hard work slowly paying off and all the info I’m garnering from those who know more is coming together to make sense.

My Mrs is constantly amazed at how much is involved and the gear I need lol. “but these things grow in the wild!” ~ “yes love but we’ve taken them indoors and we want MAX yield!” :joy:

2 Likes

@CalamityJane how’s your planty going? Any news? :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

2 Likes

I couldn’t have said it more exact than that!! We’re a little strange this way, mathematical mind symptoms!!.. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Yeah, where are you @CalamityJane??

2 Likes

Miss Jane-
I am sorry its been a bit. It seems like I do this or that and the next thing you know you are 500 posts behind!!! Listen, you need to find what growing style you want to grow in. It doesn’t matter who does it or doesn’t do it. You need to enjoy and find fun in growing. It doesn’t matter to me what style you choose, because thats YOUR choice! I grow organic. But thats me. I dont expect everyone to grow that way. So you be you, I be me, and we will grow a lotta marijuana!!! Peace…

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
Sorry been a bit quiet. Work has been manic and turns out I neglected my baby a little bit…
Woke up yesterday to this tragedy…

I think I flushed too early and now she’s used up any nutes that were in the soil, probably could have done with a water/feed a day or two ago. Defo looks like nitrogen deficiency, amongst other things (there’s me thinking earlier on it had N toxicity :woman_facepalming:)

So I gave her some water and food (some Biobizz bloom and seaweed extract) in an attempt to resuscitate her… she looks a bit better today but don’t know if she will ever really recover…

I’m really at the point now where I just need to make it to amber triches - which I didn’t get a chance to check I’ve the weekend but not overly concerned as still plenty of white pistils.

The lovely smell she had is now seeming less potent, it’s now smells more like an average dying plant I’d find in my garden… :frowning:

Here she is today…

Imma be literally limping over that finish line…

GIF image

1 Like

2 Likes

Oh hun I’m so sorry. After all that hard work you put in! I’m sure someone will have some trick up their sleeves to help you out :purple_heart:

1 Like

Aww thanks mate. I really don’t know what went so wrong :expressionless:
I just gotta keep a close eye on her

I see some green returning to the tips so hopefully I’ve done the right thing… :sob: xx

3 Likes

Fingers crossed for ya! :crossed_fingers::purple_heart:

3 Likes

@CalamityJane did u get a ph and ppm pen. If so on next feed check the ppm runoff might have to add a stronger dose to get it back up for now

3 Likes

@CalamityJane
I ve seen worse on the site CJ, don’t give up on her, shes still alive!! Bring her back with that TDS meter buddy…and maybe hire a nanny… :rofl:

3 Likes

Hi @Mark0427, I already had a ph pen (just bought another as it came in the set with the TDS)
Watered/fed yesterday;
Ph IN: 6.5
Ph OUT: 6.14
Both appear to be good results… BUT I’m gonna calibrate my new ph pen to see if my existing one is giving me duff readings… I did calibrate the first one too so it should be accurate.
Leaves me to think it’s just a nutes issue. :face_with_monocle:

Ps: @Newolhead To add to my detriment, I didn’t use my TDS yesterday because I was in a panic and just wanted to give her some food quick-time… I appreciate it probably wasn’t wise not to use it but work is so busy right now I have very little time :disappointed:
Got a week off now so hopefully can give her a bit more TLC and get my pens up and running. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

When u check ur ph from the run iff u can dip the ppm stick in the sane water to check the ppms coming out. They might be super low where u might want to up the feed a bit for her for now. Just a thought. Dint have to be scared to use the ppm pen itll just tell ya some numbers lol. Well it might freak u out in a way if the number r real high

3 Likes

@Mark0427 has me pegged CJ. This is what I’m doing. PPM in and then PPM out. I’ve been PPMing everything, the nutes, my water, the water after I put in the nutes, the soil slurry, the dogs pee…no wait, thought about it but no.
Seriously, I think it’s the best tool we have along with the PH meter. Until I/we can just look at the plants and figure how well they are doing plus or minus 10%, like alot of these great folks can do on this site, I’m using my tools.

3 Likes

Do you all think CJ should clear all her dead looking brown foliage or will it come back? I kinda feel like the plant doesn’t need to deal with that if it won’t be of any use now ? :thinking: I clear dead foliage from my veggies so…just wondering.

4 Likes

Maaaate, the only trouble with that is that it’s pretty much all dead foliage now… I think I’ve really screwed this up… maybe I got a bit complacent and should have been checking in on her more regularly.
Maybe I’m a lost cause… :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

GIF image

3 Likes