What’s happening here? Seedling yellowing from the centre

@Newolhead I know several groups that rescue Vervet Monkeys in South Africa. I had a blast there. I live by the seat of my pants and was tracking a Caracal since we was on a dirt road surrounded by 2 meters tall grass. My buddy thought I was bonkers. I told him I don’t want a surprise ambush.

3 Likes

Omg @CalamityJane look what you’ve started in your journal! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Newolhead-
Didn’t know I was making a joke. It was a long time ago, like 1967. Generally we leave wildlife alone.There are cases where a) you leave them be and they get eaten by a dog or a cat; or b) you save them and call wildlife rehabilitaters to take them. On cases where wildlife cant take them you do your best to rehabilitate and get them back into the wild. Thats what we did back in the dinosaur age.

3 Likes

No @patchman. I was replying how hilarious the Glider was setting up its home in @anon33684698 shirt. That was hilarious wasn’t it??

2 Likes

That is so cool @MrPeat. It’s another world where you are. So jealous!!!

3 Likes

:heart:

1 Like

:heart: :100: :grinning:

1 Like

its been one year since our boy died. we only had him six years. he slept tucked behind my knees every night. he bonded with our last rescue and they had to be touching when they slept. no matter how good we were to him he never got over the things done to him. he would hit the floor if you talked loud or moved to fast or tried to pet him. he always thought you were going to hit him. now his little buddy is lost. he cant seem to figure out where to sleep. he tries to connect with the other dogs but it isnt working. it is the saddest thing to watch him try to find a place to snuggle at night.

Wow wow wow! I’ve just awoken and catching up and all I can say is I am overwhelmed with the love of animals around here!

@pptrsha1 you are very kind. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m so sorry to hear about your boy and how lost your little guy is now, it’s so sad to see and there’s nothing you can do apart from try to show them 100x more love to make up for it. My girl is a rescue too, I can relate, she flinches if we move our hand too fast, or if we raise our voices too much (in jest or telling a story) she runs away or shrinks into herself… poor little things…

@Newolhead loving the little flying squirrel dude! We don’t get them round these ways, so cool! That must have been hard work trying to capture all 13 of them! I tried catching a rat from our garden once with one of those - ended up catching about 3 different field mice… not a single rat! :roll_eyes:

@MrPeat, beautiful Bebe!!! :heart_eyes: it’s a dream of mine to work with monkeys - I love them so much at one point I considered purchasing a capuchin… then realised they probably have a higher chance of survival outside of my care… :joy::sweat_smile:

@patchman keep up the amazing work! Rescue, rescue, rescue. These little hedgehogs are endangered over here so I coluldnt just leave the poor fella. You get it, sounds like we all do :wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Feeling to love today, you kind hearted souls!

GIF image

1 Like

Oops! :joy::joy::joy:

What was the little fella taking hiding in your boobs? He was cute, kinda looked like a chipmunk, but bigger…

1 Like

:heart: :100:

1 Like

Ok guys, so latest on the hoglett, I’ve found someone to foster him/her!
Weighed him today and only weighs 236 grams! They need to be at least 600 grams to be able to hibernate.
Humbled by the knowledge I may have just saved this little one’s life :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Yaaayyy!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Miss Jane-
I am not surprised at all the critter lovers in the forum. Like I said, I have rescued more animals than I can remember. When I was young a friend and I did a mega rescue and relocation. There used to be nothing but woods behind our elementary school. Well a developer thought he would make a snobby neighborhood out of all that property. Soon as they started taking trees and habitat down, my friend and I were walking over that way and there they were. There were box shell turtles everywhere. So we loaded them up and got a parent to drive us out to a wildlife refuge where we relocated 47 turtles! I love turtles. If I could I would get a tortoise, but they live 100 years. I would have to make arrangements with with the grandkids and their kids to even think about getting one. Sorry Jane, don’t mean to be rambling on your thread. You WILL make it to the finish line. And you will have some great smoke, you’ll see. Have a great day- peace

1 Like

@patchman You are a very commendable man, Patch. Thank you for caring so much for the many lives that needed you.
I sometimes hear you say “I’m not supposed to be here” and it saddens me deeply, if you weren’t supposed to be here then you wouldn’t be. That’s it. The fact that you have gone through so much yourself and cared for so many others, to me means, you are 100% SUPPOSED TO BE HERE! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Don’t be so hard on yourself. xx

1 Like

Well i dont fit in much on this convo beside my manimals. I have 2 cats. Sheeba a 20lb black girl cat. And diesel a 16 lb fat boy.

She is almost 21lbs. Gotta find my boy dont have any pics of him. He is camera shy

2 Likes

@Mark0427
21 and 16 pounds?? If I’m reincarnated I want to be one of your pets!! Talk about healthy!!

3 Likes

Miss Jane,
When I say that I am not being derogatory to myself or beating myself up. I say that because thats what all the doctors said when I was treated, and some say it now. Its not mean or anything. The kind of cancer I had was very rare. You are talking 5 out of 150,000. The survival rates have been very low until the last 15 years or so. Its like 80% now. Back when I was treated it was a lot lower- 35%. And that’s for all rhabdomyosarcomas. The National Cancer Institute had never treated a case like mine. So that’s why I say that. Kind of like me saying to all the doctors "excuse me, but you were wrong. I AM STILL HERE. Not too bad for someone who’s not supposed to be here. Have a great day Miss Jane- peace…

3 Likes

the black one was an outside rescue we brought in from outside last year. Been just over a year and she is such a sweetheart. So appreciative of us now. At first it took a bit of he being skiddish around my kids with fast movements now she is loving life. My boy we has for 2 years he is more my wifes cat. He is a leach. Like a literal leach. Everywhere we r he is for sure. He is with mama right now. Here he is. Looks like a garfield

3 Likes

Miss Jane-
BTW, This guy is a rescue too! Say hello to Bud! Because everyone could use a little Bud, lol.

I love the flathead dogs. I would love to have a large dog but apartments won’t let you have any over 45lbs., and they won’t allow certain breeds. That really chaps my ass! I gotta run, gotta post our song of the day. Peace…

5 Likes