What’s happening here? Seedling yellowing from the centre

Nitrogen locks out above 7 and I think that is probably whats happening.
Do a slurry test to see where your soil is.
pH your water next time to 6.3 - 6.5 and see if we cant get some nitrogen going. Get some green back in those leaves.

1 Like

Yeah the soil is literally on 7. Ok thank you. I didn’t want to overwater it to try and compensate - I was worried it was a nitrogen thing.
I’ll add some of that seaweed extract then? :woman_shrugging:

Honestly I can’t thank you enough. :grin:

Just a little…Nitrogen will slowly return to all the leaves making them darker green. The little bit of damage will remain.

1 Like

I have landed on using fox farms soil.
I layer it in 3 to 5 gallon grow bags.
Ocean forest on the bottom, happy frog next, and sometimes a seed starter mix just in the center the size of a 6oz yogurt container so the seedling does well. Kinda like this…
Pic copied from another thread…

Two week old plant…

4 week old plant

7 Likes

Sorry i haven’t replied i was in the hospital having a procedure done. @Spiney_norman has you covered.

1 Like

Hope you are ok.

1 Like

@Deepsix Take care of yourself first, then you can help others!

@CalamityJane Do you have some pH up/down solutions? 7 is high and as @Spiney_norman you are locking out other nutrients.

3 Likes

yes thank you. the Dr thought i needed a pace maker instead they put a Implanted cardiac monitor in.

3 Likes

Oh my goodness @Deepsix, I really hope you are ok.

Wow @Spiney_norman yours are WAY better looking than what I’ve got going on here… I’m embarrassed :flushed:

I’ve got som ph up/down on the way. Was thinking of using some white vinegar in the meantime. Thoughts?

I think she can pull through I just need to be really careful…

1 Like

Vinegar works fine, cider vinegar is a little more organic.
Lemon juice , citric acid, Just try a few drops to see what happens. Its usually a tiny amount you need.
I learned everything I know here on the forum over the course of the last year.
You will do fine. Its all a learning experience. Mistakes just help you learn what to avoid.

4 Likes

Ok I’ve got cider vinegar too. So a few drops mixed with water or just straight on in the soil?

Thank you, thank you, thank you. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Doing ok thank you.

1 Like

Yes mixed with water and check the ph before watering.

1 Like

Ok guys, so I’ve got my ph down now - it couldn’t have come sooner!
Look at the state of her! I don’t even know what’s going on right now.

Trouble is I only watered her a couple of days ago and still feels to wet to water again but something needs to be done.

Any recommendations other than just scrapping it and starting again? :sob::sob::sob:

@Deepsix @Spiney_norman @PP3121

Thank you
CJ.

Dont scrap it yet.
I see color has returned to the old leaves and the new growth looks good.
Just try not to water for several days. At this size I can usually go at least a week between watering.
The damage that was already done wont get better. I think its going to be fine.

2 Likes

Thanks @Spiney_norman, you’re right - it does look like some colour has come back to those leaves.
Just going to let it be for now while I get my water ph ready for next water.

Is it ok to add both ph down AND seaweed extract to the same batch of water?

Yes, just add the up/down last.

1 Like

Like @Spiney_norman said. 2 questions how close is your light to the top of the plant and have you given her any Cal-Mag

Hi @Deepsix , no cal-mag.
Light is about 70cm from tip at the mo, is that too close? It’s such a small tent at only 140cm in height and I’ve got the carbon filter right at the top stopping it getting much higher.

ok the light is ok at 70 cm. The last pic it looks like a calcium deficiency. When you water how much are you giving it. @Spiney_norman what do you think. @kellydans @Nicky any ideas.

2 Likes