What’s happening here? Seedling yellowing from the centre

28.2 is good with leds, you just don’t want to get too much higher. If you download a vapor pressure deficit chart will show you where ideal rh is for that temp. Then you should be in business as far as temp/rh are concerned.

2 Likes

Hey @Mark0427, how are ya today?

Thanks for that, I’ll take a look!

I didn’t intend on getting a new light but it depends how this lady turns out.
I’ve not really given the light a fair chance because it broke about a week into flowering, so I had to switch lights half way through for a few weeks, the replacement light was much weaker and purple-ier. Hopefully my original light will be good for her until harvest :crossed_fingers:

And yes, I’m literally waiting on delivery of my microscope/loupe - should be here in a few days. I already had a microscope which I thought would work, and it would of, if I could put the buds on a flat surface, which I can’t, so had to invest in a different style. Hong this one will do the trick.

Ooh, love a good cheese! That looks delish! :yum:

1 Like

Ok @dbrn32 now you got me worried… found this chart and read separately that the sweet spot for flowering is 10-13.5! I’m nowhere that and way up on the red!
I’ve been reading a guide to auto flowers and they suggested aiming for temp 25°c / RH 40%, which is what I’ve been aiming for…is that not right, then?

1 Like

Yeah looks fine to me also :relieved: all of mine have had some pistils go orange early, both of mine do right now, some plants can also be ready before all the pistils are orange and some may still be white ish colour but they darken after you’ve harvested them and hung them up

1 Like

I have my the between 40-60% and temp between 22C on really cold days and doesn’t get higher than 28C, I don’t seem to be having any problems with her so far :hugs:

1 Like

That sounds more like what you would want to be for hps lights. With leds the light doesn’t heat the surface as leaves as much, so general consensus is to run canopy temps and humidity higher to keep transportation rates up.

Black dog led has pretty extensive article explaining this if you would find beneficial to check out.

2 Likes

Well, @dbrn32, you just blew my simple little mind! :exploding_head:
Literally had no idea about any of this so made for a very interesting read, thank you.
…there’s SO much still to learn, I am but a mere grasshopper, please teach me the ways :raised_hands:

Righto, so basically from what I understand I need to almost double my humidity if running at about 28/29°c on LEDs. That seems extreme but hey, if that’s what the charts says then I better get to it!

I bought a little ‘humidifier’ but recently read that actually, it’s not really very good because it can leave a ‘mineral mist’ all over the place. Think it’s an atomiser or something… :woman_shrugging:

Ok I need to have a think… :thinking:

1 Like

Don’t stress yourself over getting that perfect. Plenty of successful grows going from people that have no idea about it. Imo you should treat as guideline and see how close you can get taking reasonable measures. I don’t believe anyone would expect you to go out and buy a whole bunch of fancy equipment to make it perfect.

2 Likes

Appreciate it @dbrn32, thank you.

Ok so as this is my first grow imma just let it ride out with what I have as I’m only a few more weeks away from harvest.

I’ll try and get the humidity up a touch for the final few weeks then look to make improvements (maybe splurge a bit more cash) for the next go.

Thank yoooooou. xx

1 Like

If u are in flower u dont want real high humidity right now. In veg u want a higher humidity. High humidity now and high heats will cause moldy buds. Avoid that. My room stays between 74 and 82 all day long. My spare bath stays 85 or better always. I still het good stuff from what i have. So far the only thing i have upgraded since this forum has been my flower room lights. I have learned that better lights equals better buds. Other than that i pretty much wing it until i have a problem which hasnt been too many so far. Get a feel for ur plants keep them in the same enviornment so they can adjust to that area with them lights and see what u get from that. It might start out to where it looks as a problem is arising but it might just be the plants way of adjusting to the new equipment. Give her time with anything u do new if u keep switching its gonna keep her in shock she wont k ow what to do

2 Likes

Hi @Mark0427, thanks for sound advice! yep, totally with you! I have read about the increased chances of mold and bud rot that come with increased humidity during flower stage so had that in the back of my mind. :+1:

Thankfully I haven’t had to make many changes through the grow so far, just the light changes which were unavoidable. But my battle in the beginning was the ph, because I didn’t realise how quickly it could change. That’s steady now though and I’m back to my original, better, light.

If there’s something that works well to increase the humidity a little bit then maybe I’ll try that but I agree with you, I don’t wanna be switching things up every other day.

Thanks so much!
CJ. :v:

2 Likes

One of best tools for helping dial in environment is a an exhaust fan with good control. You probably wouldn’t have to look around the site much to see that most of us recommend the use of a mixed flow fan like ac infinity or hyperfan. They do cost a little more than traditional duct fan, but they have an Uber wide control range, and are extremely quiet in comparison. If/when the time comes, something like this may help a lot.

Yeah I’ve seen a bit about controllable fans, mine unfortunately is not adjustable in any way and just gets on and does it’s own thing.

I’ve read good things about the AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6 and that’s only 6” (because my tent is so small) I think my existing one is 6” (could be 4”) but that sounds perfect for what I need!

Maybe with all the dollar I’m gonna be saving it won’t take long before I can get one! :grin:

Brill thanks buddy! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Even the s6 model without the automatic controller would be great if you can fit it in your spave. I don’t ever run on the smart control because I don’t want air exchange to stop. That is only real advantage to t6 over s6.

2 Likes

Did u ever try to fill a pot or bowl and drape a rag half in half out on a tray if course that will hold the amoint of water in bowl incase it wicks it out. Put a fan blowing ob tge rag half in half out might raise it some for u

2 Likes

I’m watching now, because this is freaking inspirational!!! Thanks for sharing until this point. Good luck.

1 Like

@AZIrish, welcome aboard my good man!
I’ve been called many things in my life… inspirational has never been one of them :joy:
Appreciate your support, great to have you along for the ride! :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Fit it in my what, now?!!! :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

@Mark0427 hey so yeah, I did try, at the very beginning, hanging/laying wet towels but without much success so I gave up with that.
But I didn’t try the half in/half out the water thing - maybe that’s where I went wrong as, like you say, they dried out really quick so made barely any difference.

Perhaps I’ll give it another go! Thanks man! x

2 Likes

Ok chaps, so here’s a question…

Notice how the top leaves are starting to point downwards compared to the earlier pic?

I know that the leaves do eventually die off as they are no longer required but because I’m extra paranoid, I want to make sure it’s not anything else I could be doing wrong at this stage…

Left pic: Monday
Right pic: Today

Thanks Folks!
CJ. :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes