What’s down w the humidity?

Oh, word for the day is cheesehead. I asked my wife if the packers are going to the super bowl and cheesehead no hahahahahahahahah

@Myfriendis410, @Covertgrower, @Nicky, @blackthumbbetty, @Bulldognuts, @SeaSeaside_guy1, and anyone I have forgotten sorry, this is day 10 above ground. Planted on the 8th of Jan and 4 days later they all were above ground so 10 days above ground. 72-79 temp and rh 65-82. All autos planted in their final pot 3gallon fabric pot. One is got a crooked leaf and some for some yellow marks. Using bestva 1500w 30” above plants and have been watering mostly just once a day and have been keeping them under 24 hours of life. Should let them have hours of darkness or just let her ride haha.

4 Likes

Waiting for my reverse osmosis buddy to come in the mail so I have switched from distilled water to sprint water ph to 6.5-6.7

3 Likes

Just be careful of over watering, and might wanta kinda water a ring closely around the plants. This will make the little ones reach a little to get water to the roots :slight_smile: My opinion :slight_smile: I’d leave it 24 hours light. I hear autos might respond to flowering if you go 12/12, so keep that in mind for later. Newer guy here so might get some other opinions…

5 Likes

Thanks @SeaSeaside_guy1. Haha…liked your news article👍

3 Likes

Plants perform part of their growth cycle better in darkness. Once plants reach their Daily Light Interval (DLI) they don’t use the photons hitting them. I would recommend something more like 18/6 or 16/8.

4 Likes

The best auto cycle is 20/4 most top auto growers agree with, 18/6 will work and be more economical but if you want to spend the extra money in electricity shoot for 20/4.
That 4hr of darkness is enough for them but yeha don’t run 24hr you will run into deficiencies faster and a bit of darkness is needed unlike previously thought.

While @Myfriendis410 has a point about the DLI new research is showing that its very hard to max out lighting for cannabis (photos) so autos even more so. Previous DLI numbers like 43 as a max are now more like the best for efficiency but the plant can take alot more.
With your lighting your not even going to get close to 43 DLI so that 20/4 would be even more ideal for you then 18/6.

Ps your plants are looking great for their age!

4 Likes

Hey @Nicky, @Myfriendis410, thanks a lot! You guys are the best no doubt. Today is a sad day. Going to see a friend of mine who has cancer and this might be his last day on earth…I hate cancer. Sorry about that…it’s just rough…I just don’t understand. Why God takes good ones and leaves so many bad ones behind. Hey, God bless you two and everyone and thanks again. Bakerschoice is headed for the dark side lol.:pray::v:

2 Likes

Same here ,doing my best though. LOL.

2 Likes

@Nicky @Myfriendis410 have helped me a lot.

3 Likes

Oh ino…I’m so great full for anyone’s help. Don’t want to step on anyone’s toes though as I’m sure we all feel the same way. That’s the cool thing about growing and consuming this plant…everyone’s like super chill yo :smirk::smirk::smile:

3 Likes

So sorry I am yet again late for the party… well im sorry to hear you are a vikings fan…sorry :grin: and sooooo sorry your wife is a cheesehead!! :rofl: lol anyway I dont have alot to add to the convo… other than I would water a little farther away from the stem to allow root growth, as far as trubisky goes, I wish we woulda got a different qb in the draft… Im not upset that SF won! I personally would have rather seen cook running the ball in the superbowl than some unknown for the 49ers… at least it wasnt a cheesehead!! AAAnyway they look really good!! OH and @Nicky has been sooo good for my grow he will steer you right everytime!

Happy growing Y’all!!

4 Likes

Watching…
@Bakerschoice, I’m curious about the pots, I bought the same ones but thought that they would be too small, so I used some 7 gal tall pots instead- my plants re just. Couple of weeks older , I popped the first seed Dec 30th. I will put a pic below for comparison, if that’s ok. 5x5 tent , 78degrees humidity bet 40-50%. Let’s compare?

2 Likes

Wow @Nuvo, you’re plant in the back is huge! Ok, yeah I got the Vivisun 3gallon fabric pots. Dropped the seeds December 8th all autos blueberry northern lights and amnesia hayze. 70-79 temp and 60-82 humidity mostly around 70 for humidity.

strong text

3 Likes

@nobo77 thanks for the kind words! I try to give back to the community and learn as much as I can.
Ps gonna be mostly off for 7 days, but I’ll get one here and there.

Nuvo you should be okay in the 7 gallon plastics if they have holes in the bottom?
Doubtful they will get rot bound in those because autos often don’t have enough time to veg to grow that big of roots (I think… I grow in 5gaon fabric)

@baker your plants at the 3 gallon size will start you off but you will need to feed nutes by week 4 probably

These are all soil not coco right?

3gallon is fine if you want to feed heavy nutrients, 5 if you want to feed nutrients for bloom not veg.
Anything bigger you might go close to the whole grow without feeding…but depends on strain and health of plant/vigor etc.

2 Likes

Good morning @Nicky thank you for your reply, I was puzzled but now I see. I AM at about 40 %perlite, more at the bottom,to ensure air flow for roots. But I will switch to 5gal fabrics next run🌱

3 Likes

@Nicky, you always give some awesome advice you are a pro for sure! I’m growing in FFHF soil. What I did is I amended the bottom half with roots organics terp tea grow and bloom, (I’ll post a pic) and didn’t amend the top half of the pot just left it at happy frog. I used a teaspoon + quarter teaspoon of the green bag and just a quarter teaspoon of the red. The green bag is 7-1-1 and the red is 3-7-4. I also got the roots organics elemental for the calcium and magnesium. I’m going back to the store today to pick up the budda grow and bloom and maybe one more of the roots organics line up of products. I do have a screen or bag and two five gallon food grade black water buckets with a air pump and the large air stone disk to make teas and brews ( to me that just looks friken cool and fun to do I already started to use it to keep my ph’d water from going stale or stagnet). So what should I do for nutes with am these products. If you go and google roots organics or go to the aurora innovations website you can see their feeding schedules there. Should I follow those recomondations or do you know or if not do you know do you know someone who does organics w brews? Seems like a lot of people use the bottle nutrients. Any help is always appreciated as you guys know. Mad love for you all. Everyone chime in

1 Like

I also have a bottle of fox farm liquid fertilizer that was given to me. Not sure if I should use that.

Oh here’s the ff tiger bloom

I’m thinking about getting the player pack. It consists of if you go to aurorainnovations.com/dry-nutrients-player-pack.html