What’s down w the humidity?

I have a 8’*4’ tent and I have a intake and a exhaust fan going two tower fans that ocilate and a 6inch clip fan up. I just planted my seedlings last night in their forever home w 3 gallon fabric pots. I have the light on 24/7 so the temperature is staying at 74-77 but I cannot get the humidity to rise. It’s was At 30% last night now down to 25%. I need it to be around 70-75%. I have a humidifier in there. Should I get another one? I also took a 5 gallon bucket of water and placed it into the tent to try and raise humidity. Anyone know what I can do? @Myfriendis410, @Covertgrower, you guys have any suggestions…anyone lol

@nobo77, how did you get your humidity up 70%…having issues.

I would suggest to dome the seedlings for as long as you can, and just make sure they’re watered on time. You can get a humidifier, but the air exchange is so much that unless you get a large enough one to humidify the entire home, it really won’t do much to raise the humidity at all.
You can shut off your exhaust fan, and allow the humidity to build inside the tent. That’s how I have my veg tent set up. As long as your cautious with mold. @Bakerschoice

5 Likes

I have small 9oz solo cups covering them. I have the tent complete zipped up too. I’ll turn off the exhaust fan and see if that helps thank you

I’m just thinking about what I did by accident, I bought one of them switches that control the speed of the fan.
When I turned the fan speed down it was a bit less loud, and that’s what I was looking to do so I could sleep.
The secondary effect was a boot in humidity, not huge but I did notice a difference. I’m pretty new at this but thought I’d share an cool secondary effect when I wasn’t looking to do that lol.

2 Likes

Well @SeaSeaside_guy1, we know it works now lol. Some of the best discovery’s come by when your trying to find something else. Happy growing and I’m super new to the grow thing. This is my first run. Good luck to you sir

3 Likes

You don’t need fans for little plants. Turn off all intake and exhaust fans and dome plants.

4 Likes

@Myfriendis410 so turn off all fans. Can I leave the tent door or doors open to keep the temp down?

2 Likes

The idea is to contain humid air. Opening the doors defeats that. If you need to manage for heat; put an exhaust fan on a timer and run it for 30 minutes every two hours.

Putting a dome over the plants is the most common thing to do when they are small.

3 Likes

I had same issue in my 4x8. If you have the space you should look at something like a Aircare whole house humidifier. I run mine on a Inkbird controller. It helped considerably. I also have tent in small office area, set a smaller humidifier below intake openings that solved the problem. I am able to keep my humidity at proper VPD. I’m in 4th week of veg.

2 Likes

Hey thank you @Bulldognuts, I just checked the tent and after an hour with the exhaust fan off the humidity went up 15 degrees but the heat started creeping up so I’m leaving my fans on…don’t want the little guys to cook…hmmm, that comes later :drooling_face:…my own precious lol.

4 Likes

Hey sorry im coming in late to the party… What is working for me is a cool mist humidifier and a oscilating fan, im sure I spelled that wrong… My lights keep my heat up and i have the humidifier hooked up to a controller, just set it between 70 and 75. However im only a couple weeks in.

2 Likes

@nobo77 yeah I ended up turning off my exhaust fan and two others and that started raising the humidity. I have solo cups for domes over all of them and I have been keeping the temp to 72-75 so all is well so far…just can’t wait for those first signs of life. They have been in the ground since almost 12am last night though I did water them after midnight. What if they turn into gremlins…hahah :crazy_face:.

1 Like

Wonderful!! Cant wait to see them go!

1 Like

Hey @Covertgrower I am having opposite problem. I can get the humidity down, it jumps up when I water. Generally around 40-50% but jumps to 60-65% after water.

1 Like

Nice profile pic

2 Likes

Yeah, after you water, that’ll happen. Evaporation. @Weedlvr0321

1 Like

Thank you! Try to still support the team! lol :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Oh , iam with you

2 Likes

@nobo77, @Tinman, Hey guys sorry to drop in on the convo but it had been a crazy year for football. I’m originally from Minnesota and my wife is from North Dakota where we met. I’m a vikings fan and she is a cheesehead lol. We moved to Maine about 10 months ago and both the packers and the Vikings went to the playoffs where Green Bay went one game further but if you ask my the Vikings played a far better game against the 49rs. But also, Green Bay and the Bears won all the divisional games against the Vikings. It all comes down to, who you play and when you play. I’ve also heard are division is know as the black and blue division…it’s rough. But for the bears trubisky does look promising but you guys don’t have urlacker anymore he was awesome! Shoot…at least the bears have won a Super Bowl…Vikings…0 :tired_face:

1 Like