What’s causing this froth?

I have noticed this froth the past few days. It’s only on one plant. Also got a pic of a bug that was on said plant

1 Like

Is it coming from the plant?
Never seen any thing like that.

Wow that’s crazy! Let’s see what @Mrcrabs @DoobieNoobie @PharmerBob @Bobbydigital @OldSchoolGrower have to say about it.

Just curious have you tasted it yet!?!?!? :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

This is a first for me, hmmm, very strange

Almost looks like something or someone straight up puked :face_vomiting: on it?

1 Like

Quit growing outdoor…

Too many variables, Mother Nature is a mean B! That being said, do you spray your plants with any insecticides? Have you treated them for spider mites using anything?

The bubbles remind me of an old dish detergent solution that was made to keep insect from eating your crop

1 Like

Its coming from the bug, is leaving some sort of residue or waste of some kind

3 Likes

Good call MR🦀 you can see it in the pic it appears to be doing just that!

3 Likes

If that little bug pissed that pond I’ll be a monkeys uncle

Poor little lightning bug taking the blame :bug:

1 Like

Maybe that’s how it lays its eggs

2 Likes

Jizzed all on your plant

Seriously tho, lightning bugs are very beneficial for our plants, just like lady bugs. They take care of spider mites, aphids and other nasty little fkrs which would destroy your crops. They can mate on the leaves but they lay their eggs in the soil, ground debris.

1 Like

It’s from a bug. I’m looking at some rt now on another type of plant.
Doesn’t see to hurt them. :+1::wink::v:

Appears to be a praying mantis egg sac, on those branches

Edit: just read up and that foaming crap is insects eating the plant, little fuckers! If they aren’t lightning bugs kill em!

1 Like

Theres going to be a bug larvae in it

1 Like

Thank you for that. This foam is pretty common in my area but never looked inside. @Member420. :+1::v:

2 Likes

My lighting bugs dont look nothing like that, but mabye in your area they do, mine are black with a red head and the tail lights up or solid black with florescent glowing eyes, still stunndd, haha mine don’t jizz either @PharmerBob lmfao

2 Likes

I don’t know what the bug is really called, we call them “spit bugs”. They lay eggs in there and they like to eat plants.

5 Likes

Looks like cuckoo spit. Have a poke about in the froth and you will find a sap sucking bug in there. Throw it out and wash the spit away no harm done

3 Likes

Have something like that around my neck of the woods too. Here we call it a spittle big and yes, larvae inside. Just spray off with water and no harm done.

4 Likes

Check out spittle bug I think that might be what is causing this I’ve seen them in the wild but that was a long time ago

2 Likes