What pot size for indoor?

Why do 4 5gallon pots leave you no other room
I would think min 6 if you have the light for it?

I use 3-5g pots indoors. Helps to keep plant a bit smaller and more managable and binding the roots a little indoors can shorten finish.

1 Like

Hi @latewood, would you please send me a direct message, as I cannot seem to figure out how to do it or I’m simply missing it… thanks.

I use 95 litre pots. Can use smaller. Bigger pots bigger root system bigger yields

1 Like

Hi

I seem to have a problem and I think it has to do with pot sizes. I tend to grow autos or straight feminines. For the first 6 weeks the plants look great and healthy. I use a space with lights and pots as I grow indoors. I run the light 2 metres above the plants and have the pots well spaced out. I start with seedling pots that are very small and pot up when they take root. After 2 weeks of rooting I pot up again but my pots are not very big, maybe 2-3 gallons each. However, and this happens every single time, when I get to about 6-7 weeks and the buds start to show the leaves start to curl, lost colour and some dry and drop off. I have tried different light settings and at different heights, used nutes and not used nutes, watered less and more…everything but to no avail. I have a feeling this could be a pot size issue?

I tend to use autos or combo fems that are both sative and indica. I usually try to seed diesel, cheese, candy etc but they all suffer the same outcome.

I am open to suggestions as this has me completely stumped.

Thanks for any advice.

1 Like

Welcome to the community. I don’t think that pot size would be an issue. Growers here grow from cup, 1 2, 3 , gal and up to who knows where they want to finish there plant. What soil medium do you use? Some soil you don’t have to fert. for 4 to 6 weeks cause they have enough nutes in the soil to aid in growing. just my 2 cents maybe a :rofl: :bat: more experienced growers could chime in. happy growing

1 Like

Thanks for responding. Truly appreciated I use the BioBizz all mix potting soil. Is that any good or should I be using something alongside it?

I’m not at all knowledgeable about BioBizz so I can not make any comments about this. What nutes do you use? I use FF soil which states that is not necessary to use any nutes for 4 to 6 weeks. I have had good results, others use different brands. happy growing :rofl: :bat:

1 Like

Use 50 litre pots from start and dont transplant one pot start to finish. Calcium deficiency. When flowering they need a little more calcium. Pics would be good too see and what cems u using?