What plant is best for lotions and ointments?

A customer has a question or concerns and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

“What plant strain is best to make lotions and/or ointments or both if there’s such out there? Thanks in advance for all your advice.”

Youll want a strain high in cdbs fir making topical ointments and or edibles
Im assuming your a medical user anyway
So when your shopping at our seed bank look for strains high in cdbs
One of my favorites is Roberts own straian
Gold Leaf it high in both thc and CDB s
Another i use fir the cdbs is blue berry
Durban poison is also a good medical strain but it only comes in reg seeds just a fyi
Hapoy growing hope this helps you iut a little but
Happy growing and best wishes :v:CB

3 Likes

Normally hybrid strains and medicinal herbs are used for preparing lotions and ointment. So it is difficult to share the name of the one. As a medical marijuana grower, I would suggest growing Indica and Sativa as these are the best strain which mostly used for medicinal purpose. And if you have do not have medical card or grower license, then you can apply from any online website such as OnlineMedicalCard and grow the plants as you need.

When done correctly, this recipe will take 10 days

First you must decarboxylate your raw material. Use the whole plant minus the roots. This will give you the highest medicinal effect.

Heat oven to 200-212 degrees. Put desired plant material in a mason jar and seal the top. Put jar in oven for 45 minutes.
After decarboxylation remove from oven and let it cool over night. This will allow the terpenes to absorb into the plant material.

Fill this jar with Organic Coconut Oil. Fill to the top of the jar covering all the plant material.
Cook in a water bath at 118 degrees for 5 days. Stir occasionally.
Remove from water bath and filter Coconut Oil. Squeeze the material to remove all the oil.
Re-fill the jar with new oil and heat for an additional 3 days. Remove from water bath and filter.

Now add Sunflower liquid Lecithin. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to one cup of coconut oil.

This can be used as an oral or topical solution. Enjoy.