What microscope does everyone use?

Wanting to stay away from the jewelers loops as my hands aren’t the steadiest at times, so was looking at the ones on Amazon that can Bluetooth to my phone, but they all seem so damn cheap, even the $100+ ones just seem cheap.

Any recommendations on a good one, preferable with some sort of stand.

2 Likes

I just ordered this one, I hope its good lol

7 Likes

My cheap $20 one makes it really hard fir me to tell the difference from clear and cloudy, ambers are easy to make out but something about the digital image rendering or something make clear and cloudy look the same :man_shrugging: I use a hand held micro scope most of the time. Some pretty nice ones fairly cheap as they are not digital so simply made but work great!

3 Likes

These do work for how long is the question. I used mine for a whole grow lol. Meaning when I started looking towards ends so used about 5 times then harvested crop and stored the scope in a box untouched til next harvest went to plug it in and the damn thing lit up the light screen comes on but all black screen like something was broke or something idk so I got a new one with a 7 inch screen and it works badazz but a pain for me to transfer the pics from that to my phone so I just take a pic of the screen lol. If u r on the forum thru a computer it would be much easier as u plug into a pc and bam ur done drag oics over I have to do the PC then to phone ect. It’s a pain
Take awesome pics tjo

3 Likes

I have to use my laptop due to my phone port doesn’t even work for charging. hopefully it works and keeps working lol

Think that’s the one I have.
Hey man you might want to plug in your down to 21 percent charge. LOL

2 Likes

Funny you should ask that. I was just using mine earlier. The same as the Amazon link above effectively.
It’s easy enough to use and this is a couple of examples of the view…

The towel fiber and cat hair don’t come with the scope or the seeds - those you gotta supply! :rofl:
For like $35 I couldn’t really ask for much more.

6 Likes

lol, I am sure I have all kind of pet hair on mine, ill find out today because its supposed to be delivered today

I use this. It just clips onto the phone.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A6D2JVI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_F5SX9Q6QF2YKH4RT7AY1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1?tag=greenrel-20

6 Likes

@BobbyDigital are you using a tripod too. Your pics are crisp. I have been using a microscope on a tri pod which gives a good quality pic but I am limited on room so if I could achieve high quality with a hand held option it would be ideal for me.

2 Likes

anyone every use the ones that a pot for pot sends in the kit? I never used mine

No tripod. It’s a lens that clips on the phone. Just zoom the phone all the way in and get close to the flower

2 Likes

Think I might end up going this route, the stand is so my shaky hands don’t mess up all the pictures and will be able to get nice and close too! Most loops I see are only 90x!

3 Likes

I used gaffers tape and strapped it on my old camera tripod.
Make sure you shut the fans off too! They pick up the least bit of movement and magnify!
Don’t forget to turn the fans back on when done! LOL!

4 Likes

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IV0TV50?tag=greenrel-20

6 Likes

I have one of these… Holding it still is another thing.

I bought a desk clamped microphone arm… Works great.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DY1F2CS?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

@The_Cannabowlist

2 Likes

microscope works great, now its time to play guessing game. what did I scope? lol
Snapshot@2022_0119_161736

1 Like

Afraid to know… Hoping wax or dabs… Probably ear wax.

1 Like

looks nasty af, sad to say its my Grizzly wintergreen pouches. my tobacco that I put in my mouth lol.

1 Like

I was going to guess fiberglass… lol

1 Like