What methods to use for curing your harvest

That’s the right ratio for a bud wash if using 3% h202

2 Likes

Thanks for the detailed info @FloridaSon. I am new to this, only my second grow, and I have never heard of this h2o2 wash. What is it, what is the purpose, and how do you do it? Is it necessary?

2 Likes

I’ve only recently learned about it.

The purpose of the wash is to remove any debris that may be on your girls. Dust, residue from pest treatments, bugs and their waste, but most importantly for your case it will kill the mold spores that may be present. Also good for powdery mildew.

Since your drying conditions are less than ideal I recommend you trying the wash. It would be a tragedy to lose your buds during the drying to mold. In my mind, mold will be your biggest concern. Every little thing you can do to avoid it is in your best interest.

2 Likes

I forgot,

Fill a tote with water. 1cup H2O2 per 5 gallons of water. If you need more water for depth in the tote, just increase the amount of peroxide to maintain the proper ratio.

Swish the limbs of your plants in the solution for a few seconds and then gently shake off the excess. Hang to dry.

Several people here have done this already and could help you more. I still have a couple months to go before my next harvest and can do it myself.

I’ll tag a few people. If they haven’t done it, maybe they will remember who has. I’m out of smoke at the moment so my thoughts don’t focus very well at this moment.

@Budbrother @highcountrygal @mulegal @SmoknGranny @Screwauger @Willd

4 Likes
7 Likes

I’ve washed all of my outdoor plants, last year and this year.

Amazing the crud that comes off, everything from critters to bird poop.

I used a 3 station wash
Water and H. Peroxide
Water lemon juice and baking soda
Water
Hang to dry with good air movement
Dry as normal.

6 Likes

I rinse em with clean water after the dip in peroxide solution before drip drying

8 Likes

Thank you, Brothers!

5 Likes

I use a Cvault and 58% boveda packets for my long term storage 6 months or more depending on quantity… love my cvault containers…I got mine off ebay

3 Likes

Yep. This year I washed my outdoor autos same way and I will do the same if my photos make it to harvest. I’m amazed at what comes off :nauseated_face:

5 Likes

If you compare the smoke of your harvest as soon as it is dry, to the 6 month cured sample smoke, can you tell me what the differences are?

2 Likes

I am in Southern California and I use a portable air conditioner, and that`'s, it except for air system and 1200 watt full spectrum LED grow lights. Temp around 70-78 in my 4x4. In my 3x3 I am using everything and it a struggle.

3 Likes

Yeah my whole thing was to not use too much electricity
In vegas in January the green house can get up to 115f during the day.
I have built a grow room since and love having the options
I start em indoor and put em outside to finish and viceversa depending on how things go and what time of year it is
Right now I have both outdoor and indoor grows going

1 Like

Interesting conversation.

My first grow I went with hanging for 10 days, dry trimming and then to the Mason jars and burping and all of that. I did actually save samples to compare along the way. The high remained the same, but the flavor improved dramatically, although I can’t say the high changed.

Now I’m nearing the end with my second experiment. This time wet trimmed on the stalk, hung for a week then straight to brown paper bags, rolled shut at the end and opened and the buds stirred often. The end result after spending months in the paper bags is the same as the results from using the jars and burping, only less work. I’ll never dry trim again, it’s so much faster and more efficient to do it on the stalk.

Both methods left me with leathery, fragrant, sticky buds that are mild on the throat and pleasant tasting. Brown paper bags work very well. I only put a loose thin layer in each bag and move them around often for a couple of weeks and then every few days after that. Even with the tops of the bags rolled over, enough air moves that I also think it removes the worry about any mold.

3 Likes

Greeting all. I am in the middle of my first harvest season, 1 plant out of 5 harvested. I would like to share what I’ve done to this point and what I plan on doing moving forward.

I constructed a drying box out of 2 large wardrobe cardboard boxes. I cut small intake vents at the bottom, with landscapers felt as a screen, and at the top mounted 2 computer fans, wired into a 12v dc transformer and plugged into an outlet. The fans pull air out of the box through a carbon filter, one you would use in a window ac unit, in order to help combat the smell. Inside I have an 8 tiered drying rack, 24" round, about 5 feet tall. The whole box is sealed at all joints with heavy duty duct tape, and holds a negative pressure inside the box while slowing moving cool air off my garage floor through the box. It’s also probably pretty dark in there…

When I harvested my first plant I pulled the fan leaves, trimmed the sugar leaves right down to the buds, washed in h2o2/water, fan dried on a clothes rack, and right into the drying box they went.

If they come out of the box dry enough after 6-7 days (I plan on harvesting another 2 plants this weekend) can i skip paper bags? I’ll need the space in the drying rack for the fresh nugs but I’m un sure if I can keep the stench in paper bags well contained. Can I use plastic totes with paper bags? Also when you folks talk about sealing the paper bags, are we just rolling the tops up to close them? Trying to keep the process rolling so I can get the plants taken care off and get wifeypoo off my back :grin:

3 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 I too am a Desert Shield/ Desert Storm vet. 82d Airborne Div.

1 Like

I know its been forever since this was posted but I’m a noob and jarred up my first batch. wanted a few tips on the cure process. Saw your post about your service flag, I too work wood to punch my man card on the weekend and it resonated your statement about your dad not seeing any of your projects. Anyhow thank you and your father for your service!! Be well!!

1 Like