What light for marijuana grow

A question from a fellow grower:

Could you recommend an inexpensive light source, of course, other than the sun?
I’ve purchased three seeds but haven’t started the planting, since I have been having a difficult time not only choosing a light source (lamp), but also where to find one, outdoors isn’t an option.
Most sites I have visited have either had lights available for a for a larger scale operation, or in the case of simply purchasing an ordinary lamp, doesn’t fit my pot size. Either the lamps have been too tall or too short, for the size of the pots i have (17in., 43cm in height, and 19in., 48cm in diameter) I’m also not going to transplant the seedlings, hence the hug pots. So could you,… someone…, give me some expert advice on what sort of lamp would work best. Please include what sort of wattage you recommend for the entire growth process, (seedling, vegetative, flowering, etc)

Here is an inexpensive lamp system. I have one. I love it! :mrgreen:

Copy/Paste link:

AS FOR THE TYPE OF LIGHT IT IS HOW MUCH U WANT TO SPEND. LOOK ON AMAZON .COM ,THEY HAVE EVERY LIGHT AT EVERY PRICE. IF MONEY IS NO PROBLEM A 400WATT LED LIGHT THAT SWITCHES FROM VEG. TO FLOWER AND U JUST HANG IT FROM TOP OF UR TENT OR WHAT EVER IS UP THERE. GOOD LUCK ON THEM 3 SEEDS. PEACE AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT.

Yeah, Ummm. Personally; I would stay away from LED lamps until I learned to grow, as there is a learning curve with LED lamps. Your best bet at growing successfully, and not over investiong in equipment is the lamp I posted for you. Best price and bang for the BUCK. Period! Peace