What legal recreational pot looks like

Well, you can’t apply a law retrospectively so you MIGHT stop that happening but that would depend on the individual state laws. In other words, you can still fall foul of “3 strikes” no matter what but, overall, numbers should drop in time.

And since those already inside were sentenced according to the laws in force at the time, you can’t apply any new laws retrospectively, then they stay in as per their sentence unless governors feel generous.

Them’s the breaks.

1 Like

True, but their next parole hearing after the laws are passed, repealed, whatever, would likely be based on their actions since incarceration. I’m talking about weed-only ‘offenders’, or the guy with excess parking tickets and a bad check whose third strike was a quarter-bag and he got whatever “mandatory minimum” applied. Joined a gang inside to “survive” screw you - you did not choose wisely.

I would like to see the percentages and numbers though, especially of those given mandatory minimum sentences for minor offenses.

Parole hearings would be no different, it’s still based on their behaviour, etc, when inside The Big Hoose irrespective of why they are inside.

I’d agree, it’ll be cold day in hell before these bible thumpers pass it.

2 Likes