What kinda options do I have?

I have undergone many many transitions with the last few grows. Rn I’m running some autos and photos which are going great. But I want to start tightening up. So…typically when I run I travel to get free water from springs in my area because it runs about 7.2 at 112 ppm. Water from my tap runs about 8.2 at 340 ppm so I’ve stopped using that altogether. Rn I’m tryna do a flush but dont have enough water so have been buying distilled. I guess I’m tossing up getting an RO filter, cost, or running to the spring which is about a 40 min drive. Thoughts? The idea of even installing an RO filter seems tough to me. Also how do you pH it seeing how if you add anything it drastically swings? Cal mg 1st?

A lot of us use a RO buddie. Easy install as it is made to be portable so you basically connect the RO buddie to the faucet and run the waste line to the drain. I have mine connected to my outdoor faucet and the waste line ran to my rain gutter down spout.

https://www.amazon.com/Aquatic-Life-Changing-Deionization-Cartridge/dp/B00204CQF6

As for PH’ing, you won’t need to ph if using just the RO water. If you add nutes to the water, you’ll ph after everything is added and mixed.

3 Likes

Word. As far as setup goes I’m running amended soil so I dont add nutes to my water. This run I did DTE alfalfa kelp etc. Next go I’m thinking ima try them going back to coco with vegetable and flower only see how we do. I need to simplify a little. Got a lil human now.

1 Like

Congrats on the human being! Sounds to me that RO water woould be way cheaper in the long haul. So even a more permanent install would be a great idea. It kind of depends on the amount of water you need. They are pretty slow to make water.

1 Like

I bit the bullet and got the $200 one Amazon taking payment plans on it. Why not right lol

1 Like

Quite a bit more involved install but having a storage tank comes in really handy if you don’t like waiting 30 minutes to fill a jug.

1 Like

So that tank is what will hold the water?

Yeah, the RO system will run until that tank is full then it will sit idle. So if it’s a 3.5 gallon tank, you’ll have 3.5 gallons ready to go.

1 Like

I’m hype. Now let’s just hope I dont put it together wrong! :rofl:

1 Like

Your biggest task will be drilling the hole through the counter for the faucet.

I’m thinking I may use the hole where we have a faucet hose since we dont use that. Def will keep you up to speed should be here Thursday.

2 Likes

Awesome, that should be the right size!

1 Like

Works like a top. Was way easier than I thought. Ppm went from 340 to 19. Got gifted an ES180 too so I’m hype.

1 Like

After it breaks in the ppm’s should drop even more.

1 Like