What kinda bug is doing this

Any idea guys and gals???

This is on my white widow… I have food grade DE on the way it should have been here yesterday but you know the mail…

Look on the back of those leaves for tiny little white things crawling around, that looks a lot like spider mites to me but will @garrigan62 is the guy that can spot things like crazy !

@Hammer, notice the difference between this and what you and I are chasing ?

Is it possible to get another picture of a closeup?

I really can’t tell because the only ongoing battle I have is with fungus gnats. Anyway, I tried everything until I finally found the perfect solution. GoGnats, can help keep your garden free from midges, whitefly, thrips (which might be what you have), aphids and mites (which also might be your problem. Typically applied directly on plants as a spray, you can also pour GoGnats in the soil or spray it around the perimeter of the soil to keep pests at bay. It is also for hydro-grow systems. I think you might try to get a bigger picture so someone can really help. It could be anything but it is not fungus gnats.

DE makes a huge mess get the gognats

@bobbyb,

First Welcomre to ILGM. Check out the categories. There is a wealth of info out there.

Anyway here ya go. I’m adding pic to show you.

SPIDER MITES

This is date I use works great

Will
Tabacco Juice recipe

Take 3 strong ciggeretes soak them over night in water
Boil it for 2 to 3 miniutes, let it cool off and spray the plants 3 to 4 times a week. You can add safer soap if you like to the mixture.
(make absolutly sure you use gloves/face protection while handling and spraying)
Neem oil works very well too!!

Will

1 Like

Thanks guys sorry for the show reply my phone died but anyway I already had ordered DE a while back cause I thought there was something so I already made a big mess haha… Here ya go… :joy:

DE’s is not going to treat spider mites

Here or in your other thread you’re incorrect, it’s not going to treat mites

I suggest you read what will garrigan said above
-good luck

1 Like

Thanks @Paranorman I’m going to get the neem oil… I have a little guy running around… Obviously no access to the garden but it just didn’t sound like something I want to make around him… Like 9 USD cheap enough… A pack of ciggs is just about the same price now… They just raised the price of them again… Good thing I quit :joy: I forget where I read that it would treat mites as well… But hopefully I can get the oil in time before anymore damage is done

@Paranorman yes i see the diff , his spots do look like spider mite bites ,all over the leaf, as in-between the margins . where as our probb starts and mainly run on the veins or right next to … .@Paranorman… don’t have good access to a good chart …BUT lets find out what over abundance of cal/ mag would look like .??? my nute s are very rich in both …by desighn … Hammer

1 Like

@Bobbyb add safer soap as well, like Garrigan62 mentioned above … this hit them two ways …spider mites are highly adapted to with stand chems … nicotine is a natural poison the soap will plug them up …clogs their mouths and their breathing Ports … most sucking bug s have port to breath thru ,/, as to when their mouth is fastened on to the plant … and applie every 3rd day for 3 or 4 times wetting the soil as well …wetting NOT drenching … once you spray wait 1/2 hour then put the fans to her …dry the soap onto them it kills them by suffocation… Hammer …

1 Like

Hammer go back to our thread,

I think I found out what it is it’s called leaf spot fungus …I put a link there

They really need to check under the leaves.

Will

Spider mites… I use central coast green cleaner It works great

Yes they do and for webs. Hard for us to help without seeing the plant

If you order Neem Oil from Amazon

I ordered the smallest size, 8 oz?, from Hydro Galaxy (through Amazon)…it took 3 weeks to arrive, west coast USA to the east coast.

I ended up ordering the larger size while waiting, again through Amazon but fulfilled by another retailer, and got it in 2 days.

I’m prob just going to the depot lol that’s good to know though that’s a long time to wait…

I thought tobacco could spread a virus, or is that just for tomatoes?