What kind of seeds would you use for the Amazon jungle. There is only 13 minutes between winter and summer. 4 degrees south of the equator

Jungle growing

Can it even be done without growing trash

I hear coca seeds do well in that environment :laughing:

No they don’t they grow up in the Andes the best. I lived in Peru since 2004. If you like that shit the coca is cheap and everywhere but the weeds plane ass sucks.

1 Like

Auto flower may work best, or sativa dominant strains that do well in high humidity.
Welcome to the community!

I’m not a coca fan at all. Just an attempt at humor.

Its cool

Auto flower maybe it. Or some original Maui wow strain. The first couple months bring them in for four hours of light.

You don’t need auto. Plants should start to flower when mature. You could probably grow multiple harvests in a single year with shorter flowering strains. However, more equatorial based landrace may fair more well.

2 Likes

The problem with the marijuana that is grown in the equatorial latitudes is they are in the mountains. The Amazon at 2000 miles from the coast is only 300 ft of elevation. So there aren’t any local strains down in the jungle. Have to start with a known strain and see if it can be climatized to produce some decent bud. Time will tell I guess.

I remember reading an article about this strain being threatened by fire a couple years ago, Brazil Amazonia being some ancient strain from that part of the world:

“Brazil Amazonia grows wild in the jungle where indigenous tribes use it in many ways, including to alleviate all kinds of pain, including childbirth. A potent Sativa effect initially that becomes more sedative as time passes. A bittersweet, fruity aroma and taste, she produces enormous, stem-bending buds”

Might be a starting point if you can find it where you are.

1 Like