What kind of LED lights to use

Any advice on LED Lights? Anybody use King plus 1200/1500 or Exlenvce 1500 ? Or advice on something different. Are these good for veg and flower stages?

If you have not already bought these lights, don’t. Most of the Led grow lights on Amazon are extremely deceptive in their claims. I looked at both lights on Amazon and these are what is known as blurples. Both of these lights will grow cannabis. As a matter of fact they actually do OK during Veg. What you will realize is they won’t produce quality buds. Even if your plants look good the buds will be light and airy with no density. You should look at lights from Horticultural Lighting Group. I also would recommend looking at Budget Led. Both companies sell excellent Led grow lights. You will pay more for them but it is worth the extra money if you can afford it. If you have more questions about what size or anything else, you’ve come to right place to ask. Don’t hesitate to ask about anything that you need to know.

6 Likes

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I will look into those brands

2 Likes

One thing most of us have either learned or are gonna learn: you can’t cheap out on lights.

3 Likes

Can you share with us your plans as far as tent size and or footprint your looking to light up? Knowing this helps recommend which fixture would cover that space best

1 Like

I have 2 rooms. 1 veg 1 flower. Both rooms are 6 x 4. I have a 600W hps light in the flower room. Cheaper LED lights in the veg. Looking for LED lights for veg but would like it if the LED lights could be used for flowering also if needed. I am a newbie. Thanks

1 Like

Look into marshydro ts series as well man. I grow fantastic weed with them. If using quality led qb style lights I shoot for 30 to 35 watts per sq ft. U have 24 sq foot. You are looking around 850 to 1000 watts to light the whole space. The mars ts3000 I believe is 450 true watts so 2 or 3 of them or something comparable would do the job well. The mars ts3000 is 439.00 btw.

If someone is going to drop 450 dollars on a fixture it should be on something more along the lines of an HLG 550 from Horticulture Lighting Group

2 Likes

That or diy. I agree completely.

2 Likes

They have the eco version of the 550s for like 500 bucks. Crazy good deal. I’d like to have it in a 4x4 and keep it turned down for max efficiency

2 Likes

Yeah; the sweet spot for mine is around 75% or 200 watts/panel. Nice and cool too.

2 Likes

They are NICE lights. And I have a friend that grows very nice bud with them. Just as nice as mine. Side by side.

I’ll check it ou

Thanks for the info

Here’s where I think you should look. If I were to design a diy DIY light for a 4x6’ veg space I would say fill up an hlg 480 or two hlg-240 drivers with 1120mm or 560mm strips. It would probably run you +/- $600 depending on which strip you used and applicable discounts.

The problem is that I think that 500ish watt led build would outflower a 600 watt hps with ease. Typical 600 runs about 1.6 umol/joule and you would probably be looking at 2.5 umol/joule on the led.

2 Likes

Exactly what I did with exactly that footprint.

1 Like