What is your lawnmower weed?

So maybe you have heard the term “Lawnmower Beer” before.
Its just low alcohol beer that’s perfect for drinking while doing summer activities like mowing the lawn. When I don’t want to get too buzzed to do my work but I still want a nice cold beer while I sit on the rider for 3 hours.
Likewise I have found that my last grow of Gold Leaf turned out kind of weak, but its absolutely perfect for my long stretches on the mower,or other yard work. Pleasant long lasting mild high. I found myself singing and totally enjoying the yard work but wasn’t so high I got locked up. Dont get me wrong, I do like the strong stuff at the right time, but this was very pleasant.
So whats your “Lawnmower Weed” if you have one.

4 Likes

I like to smoke doobies. The problem is the stuff we’re growing is so potent that I usually can’t get through one. I’ve even taken sugar leaves and rolled them but they’re kinda ‘green’ tasting lol.

4 Likes

I guess at the moment it would be White Widow an only a few tokes. I don’t drive or use a chain saw buzzed but the lawnmower’s O.K…

4 Likes

I have actually considered growing ILGMs Critical Mass CBD which is estimated at 9% THC and 9% CBD.
It was totally unexpected for the Gold Leaf to be so weak, but it turned out so fun that I want it in my stock now for the long term, or something like it. I probably messed up the grow somehow and it was one of the last auto flowers I grew. Switched to photos and its night and day on the consistency of quality.

1 Like

Anything with haze in it I’m in. I just can’t do couch lock. Feel so worthless.

3 Likes

In the cigar world we call that a “yard gar”. Used to be Sour Diesel til I got tired of it, now it’s Gorilla Glue.

6 Likes

Honestly I use edibles in these situations. Mowing the lawn, paddle boarding at the beach.

I never get really stoned or tired with them, usually weed and beer in the evening when the work is done.

4 Likes

Love my Purple haze after it cured out for 3 months.

2 Likes

If it didn’t take my metabolism 3 hours to process it I would use edibles more. I can almost guarantee 3 hours before feel a thing. But its nice once it does. I had overdid it once and it was 24hrs before it went away. Not that I’m complaining…I didn’t have to go anywhere that day.

4 Likes

@Spiney_norman I usually eat them on an empty stomach. Feel it within an hour.

I only make chocolates and gummies, not actual food that might take longer to digest.

2 Likes

Green Crack or Grapefruit. 6 acre lawn and I barely realize that I started mowing the lawn and I’m done already.

2 Likes

I had a cookie once, and it ruined me. I felt like I went from the highest high to the lowest low in a matter of minutes. Over and over. I went to bed terrified i would still be twisted when I woke up for work the next day. I remember lieng face first on my bed convincing my body that I was feeling whatever it was I told myself. Laying in a ballpit, floating in the ocean, laying on the lawn. Whatever I imagined I swear I could feel. 3 minutes later I was so dizzy and nauseous I couldn’t move. Over and over. I dont know that I’ll ever be able to try another edible.

4 Likes

Never had the nausea feeling, but definitely a little spinning and light headed. Lol. @GenghisRon

2 Likes

Yeah, I dont know. A couple of us did it together, I was the only one that was THAT messed up

2 Likes

@GenghisRon one of the members here makes 200mg gummies for her neighbor.

You must have gotten one of hers.

I usually just eat 20-30mg to chill

3 Likes

its odd how we each seem to process edibles differently.
I make cookies for my wife every week. 14 grams of weed decarbed in coconut oil and on average 50 cookies. If its conservatively only 10% THC (its no doubt higher) then she’s taking about 140mg each night. Thats 5 cookies. Now I can eat 1/2 a cookie and be just fine, but she eats 5 and feels little effect. She will sleep well but never gets “Stoned” . If she was as much of a lightweight as me I wouldn’t have to grow as much as I do. But growing is a blast so I cant complain.

4 Likes

I made canna-oil (coconut oil), and it’s just under an hour before I feel it, which is better than the two hours for a chocolate edible I’ve had.

2 Likes

My lawnmower weed, of sorts, is SFV OG from the dispensary that I got talked into a couple months ago as one of their BOGO specials. This was before my first grow was ready. Anyway, the SFV OG I have doesn’t do much of anything too well - not a good body stone, not a fun head high, not a good mood booster … just kinda blah stoned. Actually, I’ve only smoked it once or twice, and I’ll likely end up giving it away, lol. So, maybe it’s a good lawnmower weed, and maybe I’m just not into lawnmower weed. With beer, I want a strong, heavy, tasty beer - I want to really know that I’ve had a good, effective beer. Same with weed.

1 Like

I like everything from Guinness to Boulevard Wheat. Not much on the Big Commercial guys like Bud or Coors. But an Ice cold Wheat or ZON on a hot day while working is not bad.
Or I may brew one myself.
For weed, sometimes I just want a bit of a buzz while I garden.
Great thing is we have all the variety we could want and there is no right or wrong choice.
Kinda like beer, each one presents something different to experience.

3 Likes

I think the concept of my original question was, Like beer/alcohol,
there are drinks that are mild (a beer or two) and there are drinks that are strong, Tequila Shots.
So too with weed. Do I want to end my day (even if its 9am) with a lot the strongest weed I have. or do I just want a nice buzz and the ability to go about my day.
Shots and lawnmowers are not a great idea…Lol

2 Likes