What is wrong with my plants? They are Acupulco Gold - Outdoors in South Florida

Did you start out with a 12/12 hour light cycle then put outside. My Acupaco gold was a monster. You also look like a mold or rot problem to

4 Likes

The soil looks very wet. How often are you watering?

2 Likes

Hi @POMPANOGUY

Looks like bud rot to me also but I’m not an expert. Bud rot is where the buds turn a brown color due to excessive moisture. If so, the affected parts need to be completely removed ASAP or it will spread

2 Likes

@POMPANOGUY It also looks like you planned on your girls getting much bigger with those large pots. That’s what @ThcinKC was referring to when he said did you go from 12/12 (hours of light/darkness) to outside. If you have photoperiod seeds and put them immediately outside, the plants start their flowering cycle, stop growing, and focus on bud production. They won’t get any size to them.

When the days are still getting shorter, some folks start their plants indoors on a 18/6 so the plant is in the vegetative growth mode. Once it has the size and shape desired, they are placed outside to start the flower cycle and finish.

If that doesn’t work for you but you want bigger outdoors plants during this time, consider using autoflower seeds. Their veg/flower cycle is not light dependent. It’s like they have an internal timer and will start in veg mode for several weeks, then switch to flower.

Hope this helps some!!!

2 Likes

Soil is way too wet

2 Likes

I see your plants are in plastic pots.
Did you cut drain holes in the pots?
Did you fill the bottoms of your pot with gravel or pot shards to aid water run off.
$5 says your plants are drowning.

1 Like

BTW I have AcapulcoGold in flower right now, its one of my strongest plants.

I’m very sorry to tell you this but your plants are history my friend, That’s bud rot at iit’s worst.
No way in hell should you even think about smoking then. You will or very well may wind up in the hospital.
Just start over and chauk it up as a learning experience .

5 Likes

Not only is the soil very wet, i’m pretty sure your humidity is very high also just being in Fl. weather

1 Like

You may be correct. We had lots of rain here this week
Should I stop watering them for a while?
The buds taste just gone. Lol

Correct. High humidity. Should I put the plants into new pots. and new soil?

I did not use 12/12.

Lots of rain last couple of weeks. There are drainage holes in the bottom

I’d be tossing them completely and start new those are way overwatered and imo beyond bringing back

If slightly overwatered they start to show those signs if reacted to within a reasonable timeframe you can recover if left rot sets in and at that point they are done for.

Took them out of the damp soul and letting the roots dry out in the sun, then replanting in fresh dry soil.
The others show the start on the leaves, with new growth is fine

1 Like

Fingers crossed for ya, I hope they recover.

Thanks. Got the plants out of the pots, drying in the Florida sun. Then replanting in fresh soil. Should work.

1 Like

My only advice, besides starting over and not over-watering, is make sure you are using a well draining, cannabis friendly soil; and make sure you are managing pH and ppms.

and like @garrigan62 said, bud rot is bad stuff. You should remove the impacted parts and discard it.

1 Like