What is wrong need help

PCs curled up yellowing leaves hole in bottom leaves[image|375x50(upload://35Alhv34jz6grqkyqq1tIB0Q.jpeg)

Hi @stop - welcome to the forum. It doesn’t look like your pic uploaded. If you can fill out this ticket, it helps us assess your plants. Good luck and glad you joined the site.

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA:

Age from sprout:
Age from flower:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

How often do I water and how do I determine when to water:

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS.

Indoor or Outdoor:

Room size:

Light system, size, height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Any other info you think is pertinent:

@Stop pictures would help. Your first pictures didn’t load.

Where do I find that questionare

Copy and paste it. And some regular light pics please my poor eyes hurt squinting at the blurple haze

Age from sprout: 1 month
Age from flower: no flowering
Soil: happy monkey- fox farm
Water every 3 days, 1/2 cup
PH - 8
Nutrients- none
Room size- 2X4 X60
Light system: mike grow 600W- 2foot from plant
Temps: night 65 day 75
Humidity- 45
Ventilation- open fan
A/C humidifier, de- humidifier - as needed
CO2 -No
Last check- PPM-350 wasn’t able to get PH down- using lemon juice. Have correct product now

Get that ph down around 6.3-6.5 should see some improvement. Can’t tell much more than that from stats but I can’t see the plants properly in that blurple light either

Think that watering schedules a bit on the heavy side

PH is too high. Use lemon juice in water to get pH down to 6.3-6.6. Then water. I don’t think you have a pH issue yet, but if you continue at pH 8 you will.
Are those 5 or 7 gallon grow bags? You’re going to need more water.

Typically a plant that size would be in a 1 gal container until the leaves reach the perimeter (if it’s a photo). In that size container they’re going to have to spread their roots before you see substantial growth.

I’d use at least 1 liter, if not 2-3, and slowly but gently, water around the plant. Water in a slow circle an inch or two around the plant, and outwards. You’re going to want to see water eventually drain from the bottom of the container. Do not let the pot sit in the water. Test this runoff for pH and ppm then Shop vac/turkey baste/or dump the runoff.

You have to water differently than a house plant. With a fabric pot I’d plan on fully watering every 4-5 days depending on temps and humidity. If you can sink your finger into the soil up to your second joint and not feel dampness, it’s time to water. You can also lif the pot. If it feels light it’s time for water.

At this stage under watering and over watering look almost identical

2 Likes

It’s a 1 gallon pot I was thinking overwatering it curls up makes me worry it’s black Barry k

Ok . My initial thought was overwatering.
That’s a smaller pot than I thought. Tell me about your air circulation. Do you have fans in the tent?
I’d go with 1/2 liter then if it’s just a 1 gal

Just be sure to water around the plant, and only when it’s dry. Try every 4-5 days. Until it gets bigger.

It’s the fox farm and your ph you just need to get the ph down the curls will go away when you get the ph correct she will take off and looks like it needs more water

3 Likes

Hi @stop - First, it is good that you are not giving nutrients with the fox farm. I agree with others - transplant to 5-7 gallon pot as soon as practical. I am in coco and do not have a good feel for over/under watering of soil. I water to significant runoff. It’s hard to overwater in coco even at a young stage.

Straightening out your pH and managing the pH and ppms of your water and the runoff that comes out the bottom is the key to being on the right path. Given that you have been watering at 8pH during your grow your soil pH may be out of whack. If it is not 6.3 to 6.8, it means your soil is setting your plant up for failure. Transplanting into the bigger pot with fresh soil will mitigate the problem and if you keep watering at 6.5 and measuring the runoff, the plant will be great.

Do you have a digital pH and ppm meter like shown here? It sounds like you do.

A slurry test - which is mixing an equal parts of soil with distilled water, letting it sit for a half hour, then measuring the pH - would help triage the situation, too. However, if you can transplant, the soil you have now won’t matter as much is the plant will outgrow it quickly.

Good luck!

Ph being too high will lock out nutrient uptake. Once you get the ph down between 6.3-6.8, your plant will be able to uptake the nutrients available :v:

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from What is wrong need help:

Going to water at ph 5.0 when soil dries out. Have yellow starting and black bloches starting to work it way up next set of leaves.will have picks wen my kids get home Thanks all. STOP

Uploading: F7FC7B8B-F21D-497C-937F-B33D05341D9A.jpeg… Uploading: 0E581257-2203-4374-9ED7-B7B87E374816.jpeg…

2 Likes

Never water outside the range recommended for your media. I would not recommend going below PH 6.0 and if you are using straight R/O or distilled it won’t matter anyway as there are no solids in the water to drive the PH. It will simply adopt the native PH of the soil you are adding it to.

Your plant does not look bad for all that. What are your temps day and night? I would not recommend nutes now as the soil should have everything you need. When it gets larger you can consider watering to runoff but I wouldn’t as of yet. It will stay wet too long for the roots to be happy about it.

3 Likes

Every pic , almost looks like under watering… as in not enough… when you transplante your girls , you need to really water them in good… with lite waterings what’s going to happen is your soil will become hydrophobic and water will just pass right through without the soil being able to hold on to the moisture and roots will barely get any water… the more this continues , the soil will just get more hydrophobic… that’s why I suggest a good watering for the first watering of a new transplant … it’s to make sure that the soil dosen’t become hydrophobic…
It will take a lil longer to dry out then what your used too , but its really important that you have good watering practices… weather that means too much or not enough … it’s a double edged sword… :wink:

:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Flushed 1gallon distilled water Ph5.5. Ppm 230 leaves tuning yellow next set up all have a curl to them