What is wrong here…?

Leaves are lighter green, even fresh, newer growth is coming in discolored.

I have transplanted and looked at roots, they seem fine.

I have alternated water sources (RO water and tap water, I’ve tested my tap it is fine)

I have alternated light height and time, I cannot seem to figure out what is causing this issue…

No signs of bugs or pests

Possible nutrient deficiency? One buddy of mine suggested a nitrogen deficiency…

I also cannot find any information on this strain anywhere, not even from the place I bought it from, so maybe it’s just not a good strain?

Strain: Shark Berry
Breeding: MadCap X Hashgooberry
Indoor: Vivosun Tent 3x3
Container: 7 Gal cloth pot
Soil: Fox Farms Happy Frog Soil
Ventilation: AC Infinity Exhaust Fan/Carbon Filter

Any other information needed….?

8 Likes

How many weeks are the plants are you feeding nutrients? A plant that size what did you transplant from to 7gal bags

2 Likes

If the affected leaves are near the top, that could indicate an immobile nutrient but it almost looks like maybe some of the larger leaves were overlapping or overlapped other leaves… like a slight light bleaching.

What kind of light are you using? How close to the canopy is it and what intensity (if adjustable).

5 Likes

Coloration is inconsistent, but I’m not sure that it is a problem. They look fairly healthy. Do you know your runoff pH and PPM?

This is normal. It takes a few days for chlorophyll to catch up with the new growth and fill in darker green.

I see no evidence of a N deficiency.

7 Likes

What Midwest said…:grin:

2 Likes

My girls are doing the same thing but the plant will catch up what i noticed helped a little was going straight water for a couple days no feeding and i let the plant catch up with it self seem to work out perfect

2 Likes

@Bizzle like @Caligurl said, IF it’s a deficiency it’s immobile. It looks like zinc.
Maybe do some looking to see if the nutrients you’re currently using supply enough. But don’t jump to conclusions and just like @MidwestGuy said, they look healthy and chasing a problem can very well make things worse.

5 Likes

Exactly. That’s why I usually start off asking people to do a soil ph (soil slurry test). If soil ph is off, you can’t give it enough of what it’s missing.

4 Likes

Exactly this. It’s easy to say what it looks like within reason when it appears to be nutrient related but soil condition speaks volumes. Should be first on the problem troubleshooting. Most of the time it comes down to the current state of the medium. Throwing nutrients at it without testing can just amplify the issues.

Most little issues I let ride out, and usually go away as long as you are handling everything appropriately.

5 Likes