What is this that is happening? Hermie? Or okay?

I had to pull one plant a couple of days ago as it had little clusters of sacs on it. I did find a couple that were very slightly open and pale yellow looking start of petals handing down. Like a tiny bluebell flower. I know it was a hermie as it was loaded with gorgeous growing top colas.

Now I am seeing these little things with a couple of strands coming out there is only one on either side of the branch. If I squeeze it open it has a tiny green ball. Seed? Only I thought seeds started in the actual bud.

Is this plant okay or should we destroy it? Which would be a shame as it has more clusters of growing cola buds.

image image image

From what i see…its ok, those little Saks with the hairs coming out those are not seeds… when I harvest sometimes depending on the time I have, will sit and pick all those little mature sacks and take a hit and man what a high

1 Like

Oh wow! That is cool. I plucked quite a few off today then wondered if that was not a mistake.

Dry Em Up might be a little too early but they look like they had trichomes on them those are those little lucky extra little tasty tidbits

2 Likes

That is amazing and not something I have ever heard of. Thanks for telling me!

That’s where your girl would grow seeds, IF she was pollinated. No need to worry.

3 Likes

I see no signs of (hermie) keep up the good work.

1 Like

Thay look fine they’re definitely a girl keep up the good work

2 Likes

as they mature they will start to produce these little hairs oh, you want hairs hairs being female if they start to Cluster pull it right away clustered means balls balls means seeds seeds ruins plants

2 Likes

The one that hermied, it happened fast. From me looking one evening thinking this doesn’t look quite right and deciding to give it a day or so to make sure to the next day and half loaded with the balls. I have been studying and looking from day one on how to recognize a male or hermie so it surprised me that I missed it. This plant was back part of the tent that is hard to get to. Which is why we are looking at future tent that can open all the way around so I can get to the plants in the back. A very valuable lesson for sure. I love challenges and am glad to see it happen as it gives me a better perspective moving forward. Each step has been a challenge for sure.
Thank for the reply!

This is a hermi. If you look closely in the first pic you can see that there are the beginnings of calyces, complete with pistils, on one side of the cola, and little green bananas on the other side, at one node. From there up everything was male.

2 Likes

The thing that got me was this plant had nice big buds and the week before we had our AC go out and tent never got below 85 deg, when previously had kept in 70-74 range. I think tent position meant this one was a bit warmer. Nothing like summertime in the Land Of Enchantment and have a week with no AC. :laughing:

Thank you for the photos!

1 Like

Wait, wrong post! The hermie one I posted in another post. This plant was snugged up with the hermie one. I am not seeing evidence that the others got fertilized. image

1 Like

Oh… Hmm… Possibly. I’ve never seen seeds during growth.

1 Like

Wow :hushed: never seen it so close

1 Like

I took that with a digital microscope. It is super tricky and I feel like a Marine sniper trying to snap the photo between heartbeats.

3 Likes