What is this on my White Widow (Fem)?

I ordered the White Widow (Fem) and planted only two seeds. I planted them both on the same day. The plants don’t look the same. The leaves have always looked different to me. But now one looks like a male. I’m confused since I thought the Fem meant they were all female.

This is the plant I’m confused about…

This is the one I think is fine…

Also, are they the same strain? One has a lot of red on the stems.

the top picture is male or hermie kill it

1 Like

That’s what I thought. Oh how I hate to kill it, but I will. This was a beautiful plant.

Just want to get some info on the bottom plant it could be a deficiency but does look fairly healthy?Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

White Widow, Seed

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

Smart Pot

System type?

??? Not sure, I manually water them.

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

Haven’t tested the run off. Going in it is 4-5

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Currently on Bloom 3-12-6 @ 1/4 tsp per gallon

Previously on Dyna-GroFoliage - Pro 9-3-6

Indoor or Outdoor

Indoor

Light system, size?

Random lights. 100 watt, 6500k CFL’s and 3 red/blue spots.

Temps; Day, Night

70 degrees day and night

Humidity; Day, Night

Around 40%

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

No

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

No

Co2; Yes, No

No

I think this plant is ok, it seems to be growing fine and I don’t notice any problems on the leaves.

If you are in soil your ph should be 6.5 ± .3 6.2-6.8 your soil will adjust some of this but not all which is why run off is useful some nutrients aren’t available at low ph they may be present but ph effects whether plant can use them or not simply adjusting so run off is closer to 6.5 will improve plants vigor

Does dyna pro have a micro nutrient if you are transitioning to bloom you should still have some grow in your feedings if you are not using a micro less nitrogen is needed in flower should be closer to 1/4 grow 3/4 bloom. I suspect getting your ph under control will greatly help even without any nutrient adjustments :slight_smile:

Purple stems are signs of a nutrient deficiency if you have just started flowering it will get more obvious fast so catching it now is best will result in bigger buds if dealt with earlier. Your plant will consume way more nutrients during flower so anything it is short of or lacking has huge impact and will set you back
Cannabis Symptom Checker - Identify Cannabis Leaf Problems problems
I suspect cal/mag
How to Stop Magnesium Deficiencies In Marijuana Plants

Thank you! I will take your advice. Since I culled the male I will certainly have time to fuss over just this one.

didn’t want to be bearer of bad news but was pretty sure you didn’t want seeds and sooner is always best like pulling off a band aide :wink:

Thanks Donaldj, the deed did hurt a little but I’m over it now :slightly_smiling:

Hold on there fokes. I’ve grow white widow throughout 5 generations and had purple stems on mine.
It’s not necessarily a deficiency. Purple is usually just a strain trait. However, you can influence more purple coloring, especially during late flower by lowering temps, especially during night cycle. Darker, sort of rusty bronzy purple is magnesium deficiency. For the most part, if everything else about the plant is healthy then the purple is a strain trait and nothing to worry about. And do not just assume that purple strains are the only plants that go purple. Tons of strains have light purple stripes on their stems. White Widow from Royal Queen Seeds is one such example.

Will

1 Like

lol it was the watering ph 4-5 which put me on the track of thought their could be a deficiency the colour lead me to ask for more info :wink: Purple stems aren’t always a bad thing it simply prompts me to want to check other factors to make sure it is strain and not some other reason.
the support ticket lead me to Mag unknown run off ph and watering with 4-5 ph

1 Like

Ya I saw the ticket also started thinking. I also mentioned magnesium deficiency.
And I thought why would he want to .water with 4 _ 5 its going to cause probems. But lookimg at the.picks I really dont see any problems

These plants right side OG Krush Center Northern Light all have purple stems as do my Super Skunk.
Alot of the leaves are much biger than my hand…lol there huge.
Anyway you see anything that I may have missed please let me know. Other wise I think he got lucky this time. But he better fix that p H going in to 5.5. 6.0

Will

In the background of the male plant, you can see a leaf with some really weird twisting and a lot of leaf discoloration, that right there screams pH problems to me.

~MacG

I merely suggested ounce of prevention we all know some problems don’t display right away and that by the time we see them they have already done more damage than we currently see the suggestion to look at it as possible issue could prevent it from being one :wink:
You and I both know that if we can grow a plant start to finish without having any deficiency or issue it makes for better buds, sometimes we see something earlier than others do not saying you are wrong Will just saying it merrits attention to make sure issue isn’t hidden :slight_smile:

Lmao I took a glance at the male to confirm it indeed was male and said cull it no further thought of it so nice catch I hadn’t noticed that :slight_smile:

And the bottom picture with the female – is too red, this is beyond what is probably normal for this strain. If it was exposed to very cold temps, maybe, I might not worry too much, however I still think this is also a result from the pH.

~MacG