What is this nutrient burn or def?

No i dont.
It didnt hurt her…yet…

1 Like

Water companies add chlorine and chloramines to tap water to kill organisms and bacteria. There are organisms and bacteria in your soil that is beneficial. Straight tap water can kill those organisms in your soil. Will it kill your plants?..I doubt it. But I like every advantage I can get. Air pump and air stone cost ya maybe $15. I fill up a 5 gallon bucket the day before watering, few drops of water conditioner, drop in the air stone and let it be for 24 hours. Of course letting it sit out will change the ph, so make sure the ph is correct before using it.

1 Like

Thank you.
I red somewhere thats the chlorine thing wont vaporate from water its just urban legend thats why i use tap water without sit for hours

Letting it sit out will let chlorine evaporate. And I believe that is scientific fact…not just a myth.
But chloramines will not evaporate, That’s why I add water conditioner.

1 Like

Ok. I have to water now so i dont have time to evaporate but i will do it next time. Thank you.
Another question: my water feeding ec is 1.5 that contains calmag + bloom. So if i watering without bloom, does water need 1.5 ec or less ?

Not quite sure what your asking. But if you don’t add bloom…then you EC will ultimately be lower than if you added calmag and bloom. Not sure if that answers your question.

1 Like

Sorry for my bad english…
So my watering is : feed-water-feed-water.
Feed ec is 1.5
But do i need 1.5 ec if that just water? Hope you understand what i ask

1 Like

When you give water only…it’s going to be lower. EC is the measurement of TDS (total dissolved solids) can also be expressed in PPM (parts per million). But when you add nutrients it makes the TDS go up as you are adding chemicals. So on your water only days, your EC would be basically what’s ever in your tap water. Unless you add calmag, then it would be higher. But not as high as if you were adding bloom nutrients as well. It’s ok If your EC is lower on water only days. Just make sure ph is in range

2 Likes