What is this…HELP

My plant started doing this couple of weeks ago. I’m growing in dwc don’t know what to make of this….smh

5 Likes

pH and PPM?

A support ticket will help us help you. Can you please fill out a support ticket? Please include what type of water you are using (RO, distilled, tap.)

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non-applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

Soil brand and type

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor or Outdoor

• Light system

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you. Pictures taken under natural or white lighting are by far the best.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner.

2 Likes

What are your water levels like? Photos?

Roots?

Also temperature - temps of water, temp of leaf surface?

I have gut reactions but nothing helpful without knowing any details. Also grabbing @HappyHydroGrower @Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower @nodurxshn @Syndrix for their thoughts.

6 Likes

you have root issue ,check your roots for a brownish slime and also if your air stones get clogged this will cause this

3 Likes

need more info friend, whats your hygrometer say for starters

2 Likes

Hydrometer reads 75* with 45-50% rh. Growing in dwc, botanicare nutes. Ac infinity exhaust fan(4”) and a 6” pole fan on inside of tent. The strain is Pineapple Chunk.

1 Like

Have been having trouble with stones. Roots look good kinda tan looking. A couple of times I went to check ph and no bubbles coming from stone.

3 Likes

Water level is roughly 2” below net pot, photo (pineapple chunk). Don’t know water temp but surface of leaf temp at 75*.

1 Like

Take stone off Put something heavy on the hose to sink it. Until you can get a new one. A piece of pvc with tiny holes drilled is a good alternative. Tie or hot glue a couple rocks on it to hold it down.

2 Likes

lets talk about your air pump, what kind is it …how many watts?..also pull off air stone and try to blow through it …if you cant blow air through it with your mouth or there is resistance you may have a bum air stone …diffuser hose works really good its mainly for ponds but you can make them to fit any size res

3 Likes

ok that kinda confirms what I thought I was seeing…if you don’t have the bubbles you will get root rot and she will not survive…so you need to figure out why no bubbles and correct it so it doesn’t happen again… @nodurxshn gave some troubleshooting advice

4 Likes

Looks like dead stones. I’ll think I’d rather replace them at this point. I have had them a few years. I thought they would last a longer time……duh lol.

1 Like

The pump
https://www.amazon.com/Simple-Deluxe-Commercial-Aquarium-Hydroponics/dp/B07ZG872K4/ref=sr_1_8?crid=1H8GCTRDRE159&keywords=grow+tent+air+pump&qid=1652106024&sprefix=Grow+tent+air+p%2Caps%2C123&sr=8-8?tag=greenrel-20
I’m going with new stones.

edited to add tag to link

i replace after every grow, sometimes mid grow …there are inexpensive ways about it like diffuser hose buy several feet and just cut off what you need. youre pump is good to go lol that many watts i bet she humms pretty loud :slight_smile: …until you get new stones every hour or so i would get a pitcher fi;ll it with water from res …raise it up a few feet and slowly let it fall through the air into res …or like @DRsDank said pull your stones sink the line and let it pump air in …some is better than none
s-l400

2 Likes

I not only like the way it looks but how it will oxygenated the entire bucket. I’m going to try some of those. BTW I switched the stone and it’s showing improvement in the new growth.

Thx

2 Likes

Aeration tubing is next level stuff- its fantastic with a good pump (which you’ve got).

2 Likes

@stankeybud1 don’t reuse the air stones, they are not expensive to replace at the beginning of each grow…I am happy with the INCLY air pump on Amazon…very quite and well made and can drive 4 each 4 inch stones with lots of bubbles…

3 Likes

ohh yah lots of bubbles :P, i wish i still worked in a welding auto repair shop id be makin my own rings heres a link
https://www.amazon.com/TOPINCN-Aquarium-Diffuser-Oxygenation-Bubbler/dp/B08G1R8XRT/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1B9Y3TZDMRX3&keywords=diffuser%2Bring%2Bwith%2Bhose%2Bfor%2Bpond&qid=1652305477&sprefix=diffuser%2Bring%2Bwith%2Bhose%2Bforpond%2Caps%2C118&sr=8-5&th=1

1 Like