What is this about

This is something new in the zoo. I’ve successfully grown 7 plants (all Indicas) and I’ve never seen this. Does anyone know what has visited me?

1 Like

It looks like tmv @FloridaSon might be able to verify

1 Like

definately tobacco mosaic virus. Do you smoke tobacco at all?

1 Like

I thought so @mountainman1, I have never had that issue, but that’s what I was thinking

That really sucks! I’ve been told that Physan2.0 can help.

You need to look into our toxicity/deficiency charts. Sorry, I couldnot find them. I am going to bring in some staff who may know where it is stashed for you to look at. These charts show images of different ailments of the plant and you can judge for yourself most of the time.

@Hogmaster
@Donaldj
@garrigan62

Whoever relies first, plaease get the link to the plant charts for this member. Thanks

p.s. do not think it is TMV

1 Like

Looks like possible potassium def. and most likely possibly manganese and phosphate def.

Of course this is nothing more than a guess due to the vagueness and lack of information provided. For an educated answer; I suggest you copy/pasts a support ticket and give us the pertinent info we need to help you. :slight_smile:

Thanks Dj,

That works but, I was looking for the topic with many charts. I want to place it in GrowFAQs where it blongs. :slight_smile:

@silverpugs

I believe it’s Phosphorus and here is a pic

phosphorusdef

Benefit: Phosphorus does a lot of things for the plant. One of the most important parts of Phosphorus is:
It aids in root growth and influences the vigor of the plant and is
one of the most important elements in flowering as well helps to germinate seedlings.
Phosphorus is an essential plant nutrient, and since it is needed in large amounts, it is classified as
a macronutrient. Phosphorus is a MAJOR important nutrient in the plants reproductive stages. Without this
element the plants will have a lot of problems blooming without proper levels of Phosphorus.

When your plants are deficient in phosphorus, this can overall reduce the size of your plants. Not enough
causes slow growth and causes the plant to become weak, to little amount of Phosphorus causes slow growths
in leaves that may or majhy not drop off. The edges all around the leaves or half of the leaves can be
brownish and work its way inwards a bit causing the part of the leaves to curl up in the air a bit. Fan leaves
will show dark greenish/purplish and yellowish tones along with a dullish blue color to them. Sometimes the
stems can be red, along with red petioles that can happen when having a Phosphorus deficiency. This isn’t a
sure sure sign of you having one though, but can be a sign. Some strains just show the red petioles and stems
from its genes.
So pretty much the overall dark green color with a purple, red, or blue tint to the fan leaves is a good sign
of a Phosphorus deficiency. Having Cold weather (below 50F/10C) can make phosphorous absorption very troublesome
for plants.
Many people get a Pho-phorus deficiency confused with a fungus problem because the ends of the leaves look like
a fungus problem, But the damage occurs at the end of the leaves. side of the leaves and has a glass like
feeling to it as if it had a ph problem. Parts affected by a phosphorus deficiency are: Older Leaves, Whole
plant, Petioles.

Too much Phosphorus levels affect plant growth by suppressing the uptake of: Iron, potassium and Zinc,
potentially causing deficiency symptoms of these nutrients to occur def in plants. A Zinc deficiency is
most common under excessive phosphorus conditions,
As well as causing other nutrients to have absorption troubles like zinc and copper. Phosphorus fluctuates
when concentrated and combined with calcium

Problems with Phosphorus being locked out by PH troubles
Cold wet soils, acid or very alkaline soils, compacted soil.

Soil

Phosphorus gets locked out of soil growing at ph levels of 4.0-5.5
Phosphorus is absorbed best in soil at a ph level of 6.0-7.5 (wouldn’t recommend having a ph of over 7.0 in soil)
Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Phosphorus deficiency.

Hydro and Soil less Mediums

Phosphorus gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 6.0-8.5.
Phosphorus is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 4.0- 5.8. (Wouldn’t recommend having
a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything
out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Phosphorus Deficiency.

Solution to fixing a Phosphorus deficiency
Some deficiency during flowering is normal, but too much shouldn’t be tolerated. Any chemical or organic
fertilizers that have Phosphorus in them will fix a Phosphorus deficiency. If you have a phosphorus
deficiency you should use any N-P-K ratio that is over 5.Again Peters all purpose 20-20-20 is a good mix.
Miracle grow Tomato plant food, Miracle grow All purpose plant food (Only mixing at ½ strength when using
chemical nutrients, or it will cause nutrient burn!) Other forms of phosphorus supplements are: Bone meal,
which is gradual absorption, I suggest making it into a tea for faster use, where bone/blood meal is slow
acting, but when made into a tea it works quicker! Fruit eating bat guano, which is fast absorption, Worm
castings, which is gradual absorption, Fish meal, which is medium absorption, Soft Rock Phosphate, which
is medium absorption, Jamaican or Indonesian Guano, which is fast absorption. Crabshell, which is slow
absorption. Tiger Bloom , which is fast absorption.

Here is a list of things to help fix a Phosphrus Deficiency.

Chemical

Advanced nutrients Bloom (0-5-4)
Vita Bloom (0-7-5)
BC Bloom (1.1-4.4-7)
GH Flora Bloom (0-5-4)
GH Maxi Bloom (5-15-14)
GH Floranova Bloom (4-8-7)
Dyna-Gro Bloom (3-12-6)
Fox Farm Tiger Bloom (2-8-4)
Awsome Blossums

`Organic

Dr. Hornby’s Iguana Juice Bloom (4-3-6)
Advanced Nutrients Mother Earth Bloom (.5-1.5-2)
Fox Farm Big Bloom (.01-.3-.7)
Earth Juice Bloom (0-3-1)
Pure Blend Bloom (2.5-2-5)
Pure Blend Pro Bloom (2.5-2-5)
Buddswell (0-7-0)
Sea Island Jamaican Bat Guano (1-10-0)
Indonesian Bat Guano (0-13-0)
Rainbow Mix Bloom (1-9-2)
Earth Juice Bloom (0-3-1)
BIO BLOOM (2-6-3.5)
AGE OLD BLOOM (5-10-5)
+
ALASKA MORBLOOM (0-10-10)
METANATURALS ORGANIC BLOOM (1-5-5)

Any of these will cure your phosphorus deficiency. Affected leaves will not show recovery but new
growth will appear normal.

Now if you added to much chemical ferts and or organics,( which is hard to burn your plants when
using organics) You need to Flush the soil with plain water. You need to use 2 times as much water
as the size of the pot, for example: If you have a 5 gallon pot and need to flush it, you need to use
10 gallons of water to rinse out the soil good enough to get rid of excessive nutrients.

Note: Blood Meal, Dried Blood, Guanos, Kelp Meal, Cotton Seed Meal, Peat Moss,
Sulfur and fish meal are all acidic and can bring your ph down, so if you add these please monitor
your ph when using those.

Note: Bone Meal, Rock Phosphate, Wood Ashes pretty much all ashes, Shellfish Compost and Crab Meal are
all alkaline and can make your ph go up, so if you add any of these please monitor your ph.

Wrote by
Stitch
Posted BY
Garrigan65

2 Likes

a302d961459315f4fd24cd1b9b1b7154a08bab59_1_690x458

4 Likes