What Is the Weight of Your Harvest?

Thanks. I’ve been burping the jars 1X weekly the past couple of weeks (thrift store @$0.50 each & new lids) no Boveda. I’m going on 60 days, Widows have nice aroma and no signs of mold or anything & each bud smokes better than the last one. I’m guessing I can stop burping now???:crazy_face:

5 Likes

I’ve been showing him but I couldn’t remember what size your space was. We are both amazed by your numbers and can hardly wait to see what we get. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I do have the added advantage of some daytime sun. How much that contributes to overall yield is debatable but it’s free! Haha.

Really, I’m not a gardener and not the sharpest knife you’ve ever used. Especially stoned lol. I think you can better my results easily.

4 Likes

Yea after 60days it shpuld be plenty fine to stop burping. I do it 4wks. What does your widow smell like?
Mine has a very citrus fruity smell. Anytime i touch it or bump against it the smell sticks to what ever touches it. Ww is one of my favorite strains of all time!

3 Likes

My Widows have more of a sweet diesel smell, not sure how to describe it :thinking: as I haven’t had anything different to compare it with :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I harvested my girl JJ today (bag seed of unknown strain, indica dominant) and was amazed to weigh a yeild of 1168.2 g (without stems)!!! :sunglasses::green_heart::drooling_face:

The largest bud was 48.9 and the 9 biggest together were 229g. We’d previously clipped buds from her totaling 68.2 bringing the grand total to 1236.4! I am beyond amazed and am super glad I didn’t give up on this ‘runt’ (was a day away from tossing her) :sunglasses:

We added some finger hash to the previously clipped samples… super tasty! :ok_hand:

18 Likes

Nice… You should get a decent amount of dry product… Around 250g I guess, maybe more depending on the density… Happy harvest @GreenThunder

2 Likes

If that was wet weight without any stems I would expect quite a bit more dry. We’ll have to see.

2 Likes

Wet weight without stems :ok_hand: (for faster drying) :wink:

4 Likes

Nice job on that harvest @GreenThunder

1 Like

You right my friend but is also depending on the density, i find that on my last 2 harvests :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yesterday’s monster cropped Gold Leaf got the chop.

Total green weight is 58.63 oz.

6 Likes

Absolutely. But most weigh wet still on stems, which are usually 30-50% of the overall wet weight. When you’re not counting that as wet weight, you don’t have to account for the loss of it on the dry end.

8 Likes

@dbrn32 once again your exactly on point
Lol

4 Likes

Most of us dry on stems so that would affect the ratio wet to dry. So long as the data is taken the same way.

4 Likes

I do as well, so I realize the difference. His ratio of wet weight to dry weight is just going to look a lot different than ours. It wouldn’t be any indication of his weed or process being an better than ours, just measured differently.

4 Likes

@Whodat66 do you like that trimming try. We have been looking into them, kinda going back n fourth on it bc of the $.
And do you have any picture of the bubble hash? I used to smoke it all the time when i lived in CO. I love it. Just bought my own bubble bags was going to try it when im done with this harvest. Do you use flowers or just sugarleaves and trimmings?

1 Like

That is also what i do take the buggest bulky stems out. I dont sell it, if i did i might do it differnt bc most people want those big huge long buds with big ole’ stems in them lol bag appeal i guess. Not me i never minded some shake or a bunch of smaller popcorn buds cant smoke them big stems so why would i wanna pay for them.

2 Likes

OK, WOW! If I miss an answer lemme know.
I love the trim bin. I don’t actively “make” dry-sift, but this would be perfect. I just use it as a rolling tray, and the ground flowers get rubbed across it a little as I scrape stuff up. I save the goodies until I have enough to matter. A bonus about the bin is that it has replaceable screens. you can remove the screen and clean it (I use everclear and save the goodies after it dries) or have a spare handy.

I like flowers too much to hash any of them, I used sugar-leaves, fuzzy-stems and trim.

5 Likes

Jack Herer came in at 10.72 oz of manicured bud, 1.79 oz of shake and 2.22 oz of stem.

Gold Leaf is next.

7 Likes