What is the reason for this? any advice would be appreciated from you pros

Looks like the plant has drooping leafs from lack of water. But hard to say for sure just going on a few pictures. When did this start? what type of soil are you using? any other issues you are having with the plant?

2 Likes

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
Indoor or Outdoor
Light system
Temps; Day, Night
Humidity; Day, Night
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Started in March, use a soil mixture of cocopet, compost, perlite and vermiculite, and the plant is a little slow growing

I have not used coco in growing before so I might not be the best person to assist you on this, but from my understanding if the ph in the water is not right problems like this will happen. But I could be wrong.

1 Like

Well, what is the right amount of ph and TDS

Here is the ph values for growing in hydro and soil, coco coir does best between 5.5 to 6.3 and the TDS if I am not mistaken should be within 300 of the inflow water.

1 Like

For coco, shoot for ph around 5.8-6.0 and tds around 900-1000ppm give or take on developed plant. Every plant can be a little different, but those pretty solid baseline.

Coco has some nuances that could get you into trouble if you are unaware, otherwise is great to grow in.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 thanks for the assist coco is not my area of expertise.

2 Likes

Mine neither, but I have grown in it. It requires pretty much daily attention or watering system, so not for everyone. The plus side is can feed daily, so healthy plants will grow really fast. Acts like hydroponics in that when something is wrong you see quickly, but you can also fix quickly too.

If you have time, you should give a shot sometime. I thought it was a lot of fun and will be doing more in the future.

3 Likes

I am a Chef by trade so that is the main reason I dont grow in it. I just dont have the free time everyday for the attention it requires.

3 Likes

No explanation needed there. Would be miserable without watering system.

1 Like

Sorry, but let me ask a question, is the coco you mean raw cocobite without adding anything?

2 Likes

I’m not familiar with term cocobite, is that a brand?

I have used pure coco that was a mix of chips, fiber, and pith. And I have used same stuff mixed with perlite and mixed with vermiculite. The only thing mixing with either changes significantly is how fast it dries out. Any way you cut it, still dries out pretty fast.

No, it is not a brand. Cocopet is the coconut fiber that is used in agriculture, and vegetable or animal compost, perlite, vermiculite, and vermicompost are added to it, to make a good soil mixture.

Hope the COVID didn’t hurt your livelihood. Was in the restaurants,hotels, CC. For 20 years. Hats off to ya sir.

2 Likes

Well I am still kicking, aint been easy but thats life I guess. Thank You

1 Like

Oh man, but the stories we could tell about kitchen life!!

1 Like

Looks like water, curling cause not enough water

1 Like